Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season's Greetings!  (Read 2320 times)

Rob C

Season's Greetings!
« on: December 20, 2015, 04:07:19 am »

Just to wish you all the best, and that that Leica may be hiding amongst the boxes under the tree!

Cheers-

Rob C

Kevin Gallagher

Re: Season's Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:20:56 am »

Right back at you Rob!

Kevin in CT
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:27:52 am »

Thank you Kevin - hope it's not too chilly in CT! We are having freak warm days here... enjoyable, except for freezing nights due to no cloud cover - but a grim warning of what probably lies ahead.

It's funny: they are pumping zillions of Euros into altering the frontage of the town (next to the harbour) and if the sea rises half a metre - glug, glug - it's all drowned. Guess it's the contractors making a killing whilst they can. When the new work goes under the sea, who can prove faulty construction? Maybe in twenty-five years all the local political power brokers will join those in Marbella in jail.

;-(

Rob C

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 09:31:50 am »

Season's greetings to you, also, Rob. After a bit cool weekend here in South Carolina, we will be in the 70's for most of the week. Good thing since I have a mess of relatives coming to the beach.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 09:59:55 am »

Season's greetings to you, also, Rob. After a bit cool weekend here in South Carolina, we will be in the 70's for most of the week. Good thing since I have a mess of relatives coming to the beach.

In my case, I'd want to head for the hills!

Cheers,

Rob

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:10:09 am »

Thank you Kevin - hope it's not too chilly in CT! We are having freak warm days here... enjoyable, except for freezing nights due to no cloud cover - but a grim warning of what probably lies ahead.

It's funny: they are pumping zillions of Euros into altering the frontage of the town (next to the harbour) and if the sea rises half a metre - glug, glug - it's all drowned. Guess it's the contractors making a killing whilst they can. When the new work goes under the sea, who can prove faulty construction? Maybe in twenty-five years all the local political power brokers will join those in Marbella in jail.

;-(

Rob C

It's been unusually warm here as well, matter for fact last night was the first night it's been cold enough for us to use the fireplace :) You'd think that your city fathers would take a lesson from New Orleans?
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

"It's been unusually warm here as well, matter for fact last night was the first night it's been cold enough for us to use the fireplace :) You'd think that your city fathers would take a lesson from New Orleans?"

Here's a shot from last year, I think, and the sea was already lapping - not a surge - onto the lower side of the hard where boats get pulled up for repair etc. Just along the same edge is the taxi rank... and that's where the new work - pedestrianization, at first - is taking shape. So yeah, they should have taken note.

Rob C

adias

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 05:10:47 pm »

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 04:49:42 am »

Same to you, adias; the sea shot reminds me of my time in India, where the common belief was that sharks were always, and only, to be found just beyond the third line of breakers... then along came the Beatles and proved that to be a mistake.

;-)

Rob C

adias

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 01:38:46 pm »

Same to you, adias; the sea shot reminds me of my time in India, where the common belief was that sharks were always, and only, to be found just beyond the third line of breakers... then along came the Beatles and proved that to be a mistake.

;-)

Rob C

Rob:

The photo was shot at the edge of Point Reyes on a cliff overseeing the beach to the north in fog. I chose it as a Christmas card because, to me, the ocean always gives me peace and the fogged horizon and strong perspective point to the future. I hope you like it. :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 01:51:58 pm by adias »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 01:59:13 pm »

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all posters and all readers!

Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Richowens

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 01:36:01 am »

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Owens house.

Pages: [1]   Go Up