Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Namibia Travelogue  (Read 2374 times)

Zorki5

• AOLib
Namibia Travelogue
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:00:46 am »

Just watched subj.

Very interesting overall; images of dunes (esp. ones with dead trees, as well as the cover image) are exquisite -- just WOW! Perfectly composed, great light etc.

I remember reading here on LuLa the story of Hasselblad lens falling apart...  :o I also remember several great featured images from that trip, one very remotely similar to the image seen at 21:28 here... If more exactly, not "similar" but rather just having that same dead tree branch in the frame, but with totally different perspective, stripes of shadows etc. Strangely, haven't seen it in the video, even though the image was stunning.

What I do not remember seeing on LuLa is Michael's rant about Canon's ergonomics after Namibia trip. Part of it was about the camera not remembering timer settings, but what else I wonder? It looked like it was more than just that...

Images of those abandoned houses are... well, underwhelming; some I'd say look more like snapshots to me :( Only two caught the eye: the ones seen at 20:05 and (to a lesser extent) 20:20 during final slideshow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up