Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Mobile - travel workflow  (Read 1069 times)

pero

LR Mobile - travel workflow
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:52:21 am »

I´m looking for possibilities for using my iPad pro on travel now that USB camera connection is supported. Since I use a D810 disk space will be a problem. Ideally I would do jpg+raw and import only jpg to the iPad.

example workflow:
1. Import jpg from camera to iPad
2. Do rating on the iPad lightroom app and sync collection via cloud when I´m online. (ideally I would do some keywording also (if LR get support) since it is much easier to remember bird species while on site)
3. When home, I would like to import the raw files and use the rating/keyword from my synced collection

Is this possible?
Any ideas for how to handle traveling.

On my last photo safari I used Photo Mechanic for import and chose some pictures to import into LR on my laptop. This worked fine during travel, but it created some extra work at home when I had to import the rest of my pictures into my home computer.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR Mobile - travel workflow
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 07:05:24 am »

No keywording is available in LrMobile, and there's no out-of-the-box way to do what you want. One problem is that LrM gets the JPEGs from iOS with "system" file names which can't be matched to the raw files.

However, see this post on how you can import the JPEGs, apply ratings and flags, do adjustments in LrM, and then sync that work to the raw files. I'm still quite surprised how many people use this method.

Also see this update to handle cropping.

pero

Re: LR Mobile - travel workflow
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 07:20:57 am »

No keywording is available in LrMobile, and there's no out-of-the-box way to do what you want. One problem is that LrM gets the JPEGs from iOS with "system" file names which can't be matched to the raw files.

However, see this post on how you can import the JPEGs, apply ratings and flags, do adjustments in LrM, and then sync that work to the raw files. I'm still quite surprised how many people use this method.

Also see this update to handle cropping.
Thank you, I will test your tool during my christmas holiday  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up