Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck in Loupe view.  (Read 4152 times)

James R

Stuck in Loupe view.
« on: December 18, 2015, 07:15:41 pm »

Very frustrated.  I was comparing images processed in Lr and Cap1Pro 9.  In the process, I somehow ended up in loupe view.  Problem is I can't exit out of this view.  When I go to Safari or another program I see the Lr program half way down the screen just sitting there.  I try to activate it or move it to a second monitor but the program jumps to a full screen Loupe view.  I can change to grid and the other options, but I can't get back to the main Lr program.

Any Ideas?  I've quite the program several times but it always reloads to the Loupe view.

Tony Jay

Re: Stuck in Loupe view.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 07:36:44 pm »

Very frustrated.  I was comparing images processed in Lr and Cap1Pro 9.  In the process, I somehow ended up in loupe view.  Problem is I can't exit out of this view.  When I go to Safari or another program I see the Lr program half way down the screen just sitting there.  I try to activate it or move it to a second monitor but the program jumps to a full screen Loupe view.  I can change to grid and the other options, but I can't get back to the main Lr program.

Any Ideas?  I've quite the program several times but it always reloads to the Loupe view.
Are you by any chance actually referring to fullscreen view?
If so just press "F" to make it go away.

If this is not the issue why don't you post a screen shot for the gurus to troubleshoot because whatever the issue is it is not that you are stuck in Loupe view.

Tony Jay

James R

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:39:27 pm »

"F" isn't the issue.  I can't get a screen shot because every time I hit Cmd+3 (or 4 partial) + enter Lr starts preparing a slide show.  So, here is what I have: Restarted the Mac Pro without Lr running.  Kept all my work on the second monitor.  Load Lr there and Lr loaded the Loupe on my main Eizo monitor.  The Loupe disappears when I leave the main Lr program.  It doesn't leave the screen when running one monitor.  The screen capture I wanted to attached showed the Lr screen and View menu.  The View menu has the Loupe selected and I cannot change that in the Develop Mod.  I can switch it to Grid, Survey, etc in the Library Mod, but, those are all part of the same tool set as the Loupe.  As soon as I go back to Develop the selection goes back to Loupe. 

Any help will be appreciated.  BTW, I'm running OS X 11.2 and Lr CC Release 15.3.  This problem was first incurred under Lr 15.2, which was upgraded a few hours ago.  I'm stumped. 

Update:

All is well again.  Killed the program and relaunched with the second monitor turned off.  Program worked fine.  Tried it again with the second monitor on and all is well.  However, the 3 little buttons (close/minimize/maximize) are missing.  I think Lr is not playing nice with El Capitan, or vise-versa.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:18:17 pm by James R »

stingray

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:30:38 am »

What happens when you cycle thru all the shift + f options to change the full screen modes ?

James R

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 02:19:57 am »

What happens when you cycle thru all the shift + f options to change the full screen modes ?

That did it.  Didn't know about the options.  Must have hit the combo by mistake in my frustration.  Thanks

Tony Jay

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 05:51:11 am »

Great to see that sorted out!

Tony Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up