Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bay Storm Clearing  (Read 716 times)

Michael West

Bay Storm Clearing
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:04:16 pm »

Diego Pigozzo

Re: Bay Storm Clearing
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:10:47 pm »

From the image you posted I think there is a mismatch between the "gentleness" of the clouds and the hills and the harshness of the water.
But that's may be due to the small size of the image you posted.
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 08:44:04 am »

Very nice, I love the tones in the hills. I would try cropping some at the bottom to get rid of about 1/2 of the water, which to my eye is relatively uninteresting.

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 08:56:05 am »

The landscape shapes and tones and to some extent the clouds are really nice elements, although a bit difficult to see in this low res version. I think as was mentioned  - the indistinct and non-interesting water elements which take up a quarter of the frame don't really do anything to support those elements above it...and in the end are a distraction.
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Krug

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:31:48 am »

On the other hand even in this low resolution version there appears to be an interesting echo of the clouds in the water - which if heightened a little - might, in a larger print and with the different texture of the water, provide an interesting and challenging recapitulation in a different key ???
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

thomas.petzwinkler

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 07:50:20 pm »

Elements of this shot are really very nice. The tones in the hills, the moody nature of the sky, and the shapes of the hills mixed with the scale. The issues I believe are a combination of what was already mentioned, (the incongruity of the textures between the water, hills and sky) but also the balance in the image. This image is visually out of balance overall. The sky is so incredibly heavy on the right that it pulls the image out of whack. This could be solved to some extent through dodging and burning the clouds to pull things back in line but I think if it were possible to do so the key would be to wait for a time where the clouds are more in balance and shoot the image again. The textural issues could also be solved at the same time. Try and shoot the image on a day with less wind or when the waves are structurally larger so they don't look so much like little sharp peaks. Combining this with the right light, and the correct clouds would make for a stunning image. Regardless, it's still a good image with a solid base to be edited to perfection. Great work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up