Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Wish List.......................!  (Read 5895 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: C1 Wish List.......................!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 03:32:00 am »

Already done Phil...

http://blog.phaseone.com/3-steps-to-an-easy-switch-from-lightroom-to-capture-one/

Bob created a workspace and shortcuts that he felt eased the transition from  LR to Capture One.

Important to note that Capture One is not Lightroom and vice versa.  Trying to mimic perfectly is never going to be possible and to be honest, not what I would want either.

That was a good video....
Thanks
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

af_ahoy

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2016, 06:26:59 pm »

One thing I’d hope for is better performance. For some reason, C1 can start off acceptably fast when processing an image for preview, but after a while I can be sitting there staring at the spinner for up to 30 seconds waiting for the preview to update. It gets even worse if the image is rotated or has keystone adjustments applied. I realise I can’t expect much from my 2010 low-end MacBook Pro, but both Aperture and Lightroom are significantly better in this regard.

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2016, 06:29:53 pm »

One thing I’d hope for is better performance. For some reason, C1 can start off acceptably fast when processing an image for preview, but after a while I can be sitting there staring at the spinner for up to 30 seconds waiting for the preview to update. It gets even worse if the image is rotated or has keystone adjustments applied. I realise I can’t expect much from my 2010 low-end MacBook Pro, but both Aperture and Lightroom are significantly better in this regard.

I've seen some slowing down after running CO for a while that I'm wonder if has to do with memory use of some internal problems. Does it seem faster for you if you quit CO and start it right back up to do the same task?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

sjprg

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 11:25:23 pm »

I've taken to shutting down after a few minutes operations and restarting for any major operation. C1 seems to have a problem with memory management. I would love to have a look at their source code.
Paul
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up