Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom CC subscription  (Read 1837 times)

josemasson@intnet.mu

Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom CC subscription
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:09:48 am »

Good Day. I have been using lightroom for quite a long time and own Lightroom 6. However, when I try to subscribe to Adobe CC for photographers (Lightroom and Photoshop CC) at USD 9.99 a month, Adobe tells me the subscription is not available in my country Mauritius.
I cannot understand why this is so and Adobe will not give any valid explanation. This is very disappointing as Adobe keeps advertising the CC product range to me on email but I cannot purchase a subscription. Can anybody help me understand that. How come I can purchase Lightroom as a stand alone product but cannot subscribe to the CC offering for photographers. Why advertise a product to me which I cannot purchase? Very disappointed and frustrated.

Jimbo57

Re: Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom CC subscription
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:09:00 am »

Adobe quote "tax reasons" as the reason that they can only accept payment though certain countries.

For example, I live in UK and I cannot pay for Adobe products through their American website; I have to use their UK site. I cannot pay in US$, I have to pay in £-Sterling. This is so that the correct tax is charged on my payments.

It used to be the case that you could purchase through the American channel if you were paying with a US credit card, irrespective of your physical location. I think that loophole might have been closed but it is maybe worth checking. There was also a loophole that involved purchasing via Amazon but I am not sure if that is still open.

howardm

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:02:54 am »

So does Adobe have any suggestions?

You could look into one of those re-IPing or VPN services that bounce you to make it look like you're coming from somewhere else

TonyW

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 08:11:55 am »

Click Here
Clicking on the above link will take you to Adobe page to register and buy.  Once opened click on USA drop down menu - Mauritius is there

If you cannot click and purchase and Adobe cannot help then as Howard suggests maybe a proxy service will allow you to sign up - assuming the IP accepted
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:25:44 am by TonyW »

josemasson@intnet.mu

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 06:14:37 am »

Greetings all. Thank you. I will try those suggestions.

josemasson@intnet.mu

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 06:48:33 am »

Thanks for the help and suggestions but nothing helps. They want details of address, phone etc... Vey frustrating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up