Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heavy lens on D750  (Read 1295 times)

Herbc

Heavy lens on D750
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:21:16 pm »

I am trying out a Nikon D750 with one of my many Nikon mount lenses, a 135 De Focus.  It seems pretty heavy to hang off the front of the camera, but there does not seem to be anywhere I can put a ring/foot device over it without getting in the way of the focusing etc.
Is there a V shape support for such?  The last thing I want to do is weaken the lens mount on the camera. 8)

AlterEgo

Re: Heavy lens on D750
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:09:34 am »

I am trying out a Nikon D750 with one of my many Nikon mount lenses, a 135 De Focus.  It seems pretty heavy to hang off the front of the camera, but there does not seem to be anywhere I can put a ring/foot device over it without getting in the way of the focusing etc.
Is there a V shape support for such?  The last thing I want to do is weaken the lens mount on the camera. 8)

135/2 D weight is less than 28-70/2.8 and I did not see people worrying about that zoom

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:11:56 am »

135/2 D weight is less than 28-70/2.8 and I did not see people worrying about that zoom

Not worry for reasons of long term wear/damage to the body mount, but there is also the issue of vibration on a tripod. With the center of gravity quite a bit off-axis, it could help to re-position camera plus lens.

RRS has a solution for longer lenses, which might also help in this case.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Herbc

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 10:36:30 am »

I did look on B&H, they have some stuff which requires a fairly elaborate setup, with an extra set of rods that is mounted on the tripod head, and then several suppliers have v type supports.

I will give it a go on a tripod and see what transpires.

NancyP

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 10:27:52 am »

How do you like the DC lens?
Pages: [1]   Go Up