Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour channel adjustment using Curves:  (Read 2228 times)

Dinarius

Colour channel adjustment using Curves:
« on: April 19, 2006, 04:08:58 am »

I want to balance RGB channels using a Gretag Macbeth CC in an image.

I do the following........

1. Open image in CS2 (TIFF, 16bit, ARGB 1998)

2. Choose Image/Adjustment/Curves

3. In the Curves dialog, choose Red channel. The channel is highlighted, so I click on the screen outside the dialog box to remove the highlight.

4. Click on the grey patch in the CC. The values are visible in the Info palette.

5. Press the up/down keys expecting the Red value to rise/fall. Instead, the values disappear. Nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

If I use Image/Adjustment/Levels to do the same thing, I can adjust the Red value by clicking on the mid-value in the dialog, holding the cursor over the grey patch and then adjust using the up/down keys. However, even here the values in the Info palette keep disappearing and I have to keep moving the cursor to make them reappear in order to see the number adjusting.

I just installed CS2 Upgrade last week. CS is still on the machine and the problem is the same.

No doubt I'm doing something wrong. But, what?

Thanks.

D.

allan67

• http://
Colour channel adjustment using Curves:
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:44:26 pm »

Hello,

To make the readings stay in place you have to set a Color Sampler point using a Color Sampler Tool (it sits in the same place as Color Picker). You can have up to 4 points. The color is sampled over 1X1, 3X3 or 5X5 pixel area, depending on your settings for Color Picker.

Allan
Pages: [1]   Go Up