Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I get rid of Lightroom Sync dialog?  (Read 2182 times)

JGU1956

Can I get rid of Lightroom Sync dialog?
« on: December 09, 2015, 09:40:44 pm »

Apologies if this very elementary question has already been answered- if so please point me to that thread as I can't see one.

Every time I launch LR 6.3 (Win 8.1, on a desktop machine) I get a dialog box with the heading "Signed out of Lightroom Mobile" and saying "To continue syncing photos, please sign in again."  I don't use LR mobile and don't remember ever creating a syncing profile with Adobe, so how do I stop it asking?  No functionality problems, just an annoyance  >:(.  I can't see anything relevant in the places I'd expect (the Edit Preferences window, the Edit Catalog Settings window or module bar drop-down for LR mobile).

Thanks!

MBehrens

Re: Can I get rid of Lightroom Sync dialog?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:54:33 pm »

Just to the right of the identity plate is a down arrowhead when you point to it. Select this and set your Lightroom Mobile Sync to Paused. I think this will keep this from happening.

JGU1956

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:35:19 pm »

Thanks, but within that drop-down there doesn't seem to be a "pause" function for syncing for me, only for Address Lookup (GPS) and face recognition indexing.   The only other option I see is "Sync with LR mobile" which if clicked upon takes you to an Adobe sign-in page.

This might be off-topic, but why would GPS and face recognition functions be in the same UI/dialog as LR mobile sync anyway?  They could be (or are) unrelated functions for a lot of people's workflows.  I'm sure there are users who want to sync but not use GPS or face recognition functions, and vice versa.  This is like opening a dictionary- you start in one place and it takes you somewhere else, and then....

Jimbo57

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 05:45:00 am »

This repeated flashing up of the "mobile sync" dialogue tended to irk me as well and I could not find a way of turning the irritant off.

In time, I have learned to ignore it. There seemed to be no other option.

JGU1956

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 06:38:39 am »

Thanks.  Not great news, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only irkee.   I might make a suggestion to Adobe although judging by some other threads I shouldn't hold my breath.  Not a life and death matter I guess.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:53 am »

Every time I launch LR 6.3 (Win 8.1, on a desktop machine) I get a dialog box with the heading "Signed out of Lightroom Mobile" and saying "To continue syncing photos, please sign in again."  I don't use LR mobile and don't remember ever creating a syncing profile with Adobe, so how do I stop it asking?  No functionality problems, just an annoyance  >:(.  I can't see anything relevant in the places I'd expect (the Edit Preferences window, the Edit Catalog Settings window or module bar drop-down for LR mobile).

Can you post a screenshot of it? What happens if you do sign in with your Adobe account?

This might be off-topic, but why would GPS and face recognition functions be in the same UI/dialog as LR mobile sync anyway?  They could be (or are) unrelated functions

They are all background processes that just keep running, and in the same area you already had the progress bar which again shows background processes, so I guess they've just extended that panel vertically. I agree it's not intuitive, and when it first appeared I thought it must be a temporary addition - it's pretty ugly.

JGU1956

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 07:55:09 am »

Interesting!  John, I think you are onto something.  I signed into my Adobe account and after that the dialog box (see attached doc with screen shot) did not appear (I opened LR and closed it several times, once with a catalog backup to test the thing more thoroughly).  The module bar drop-down now says that my trial has ended, which is nonsense as I have (and always have had) a full perpetual license version.  I don't know whether this constitutes a workaround or a proper fix, but the end result is good!   Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up