Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downtown mist rising  (Read 571 times)

Krug

Downtown mist rising
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:59 pm »

Mid-morning Toronto yesterday as the mist began to clear.

Comment and critique welcomed, please.
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com

Diego Pigozzo

Re: Downtown mist rising
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:43:04 pm »

I like the first very much while the others seems a little confused to me since I'm not sure what I should look at.
The first gives me a very strong mood.
When I grow up I want to be a photographer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/diegopig/

francois

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:46:31 am »

I also like the first one. The subject and the composition are well executed. The second photo is also fine (framing) but the subject is a bit messy compared to the first one. The third and forth suffer, in my opinion, of a weird framing. Why did you crop (in camera) the bottom of the scene? I understand that sometimes it's not possible to move back but to me there's something missing.
Francois

stamper

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 04:27:21 am »

I also like the first one. The subject and the composition are well executed. The second photo is also fine (framing) but the subject is a bit messy compared to the first one. The third and forth suffer, in my opinion, of a weird framing. Why did you crop (in camera) the bottom of the scene? I understand that sometimes it's not possible to move back but to me there's something missing.

francois hit the nail squarely on the head.

Krug

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:13 am »

Thank you very much Diego, francois and stamper for your comments - those were just the outside views that  I was hoping for.

I felt that the first one was right but was not so sure about the others. In the second I was taken by the contrast between the different levels of mist making an everyday scene somewhat strange and in the others I had to crop due to the traffic (in and out of camera) to include the near buildings and then to compensate for the keystoning and decided that some sliver of the cars was necessary to give context and some dynamism .... but not sure that worked.

Your views are helpful in confirming my satisfaction with one and helping clarify my own doubts about the others .... thank you.
John Ashbourne
 www.johnashbourne.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up