Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More street  (Read 3279 times)

drmike

• On Flickr:
More street
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:44:17 am »

Given the recent interest in street can I draw your attention to

250 modern street

It seems interesting.

Mike

stamper

Re: More street
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:03:54 am »

I didn't look at all of them. The first 3 dozen looked varied and interesting and I will look again. Thanks for posting.

stamper

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:39:38 am »

I have been looking at more of the images - about another 3 dozen - and I am becoming even more impressed. Worth looking at the rest of them!

stamper

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 06:47:54 am »

Now at 100 out of 250. Not one image that isn't - IMHO - worth looking at. A pleasure. :)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:35:16 am »

Mike,

Thanks for the link...a great view.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 10:43:02 am »

Image 68/250 represents the ultimate pixel peeper.

Rob C

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 10:56:09 am »

Image 68/250 represents the ultimate pixel peeper.

Rob C

I knew your image of choice, prior to my checking...

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:03:59 am »

Peter

Peter, I believe you absolutely.

When I was young and still very much in the model shoot business, I used to get Playboy magazine. It sat around the house for anyone to look at who cared so to do, and I'd sometimes come home and find my mother-in-law had come round in the afternoon to see my wife; they would open the magazine and the older lady would be able to tell exactly which images I would love, and even those I'd dislike. Ann could do exactly the same thing. It's a gift some folks have. Or, I'm just so bloody predictable!

You are not a fresher incarnation of my mother-in-law, are you?

Rob

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2015, 11:05:03 am »

Thanks, Mike. This link is worth some significant time.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2015, 11:35:16 am »

Rob my own version of #68 - nowhere near as good and I'm not proud but it's fun

Incidentally I'm glad some of you are enjoying those images. I like that site they take things seriously. I'd love to know how they are funded.

Mike

Rob C

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 12:48:22 pm »

When I was young and still very much in the model shoot business, I used to get Playboy magazine. It sat around the house for anyone to look at who cared so to do, and I'd sometimes come home and find my mother-in-law had come round in the afternoon to see my wife; they would open the magazine and the older lady would be able to tell exactly which images I would love, and even those I'd dislike. Ann could do exactly the same thing. It's a gift some folks have. Or, I'm just so bloody predictable!

Rob

Hey Peter!

Mia colpa - I completey mixed up your reference to the number; my head was still at The Chairman's lovely picture of Cornish Engine House when I answered here; I wasn't thinking of the guy in front of the 'bra advert at all!

The reason I mentioned that shot ('bra) wasn't because of the content per se, but because of the pixel peeper connotation that instantly sprang to my mind. Of course, in that context without the pixels bit, it would indeed still have been predictable that I might like it, but in this case, mistaken. The second thing that came into my mind was a movie that I saw years and years ago, the name of which eludes me completely, where a huge poster of Anita Ekberg opens up in part, and a guy points a gun out and shoots somebody. I think it may have been an early Bond...

As for the link itself - yes some interesting images, as well as some real duds that miss the concept/genre totally. Also, I think that colour does the genre few favours, some of the better colour shots being more akin to good graphics than street. Or at least, that's my view.

Sorry for the confusion I caused - blame Bill, too, for being the cause of mine!

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 12:51:31 pm »

Mike -

I'd have been tempted too!

;-)

Rob

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 01:01:16 pm »

There was actually a guy using a camera phone to take shots just of the poster. I have no German so I couldn't ask why he was doing so. He did see me shooting the people as they went past.

Rob C

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 01:41:51 pm »

There was actually a guy using a camera phone to take shots just of the poster. I have no German so I couldn't ask why he was doing so. He did see me shooting the people as they went past.

It's famously a humour thing.

;-)

Rob C

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2015, 02:51:33 pm »

Rob

I sincerely doubt it. As I was born sixty years ago next Tuesday. Was you mother-in-law Sicilian?
I'm first generation born in USA.

Peter

Telecaster

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 04:53:30 pm »

Good stuff there, though "street" is IMO too narrow a description for the collection overall. I like the more geometrical photos, particularly the monochromes. And the funny ones…Martin Parr-ish but less satirical or cynical.

-Dave-

drmike

• On Flickr:
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 04:54:50 pm »

I agree I think some are not what I consider street but have found a home there.

Rob C

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 05:27:07 pm »

I sincerely doubt it. As I was born sixty years ago next Tuesday. Was you mother-in-law Sicilian?
I'm first generation born in USA.

Peter

Nope, but she was much older when she passed onwards to her particular dream - but I'm pretty sure it's found on a Scottish island somewhere!

I always reckoned she was a teeny bit fey, so the wilder side of life might be the place she'd pick. A very kind woman - too much so: she let so many people use her up. Probably not a Sicilian trait, being too soft. I watched those movies, you know!

Speaking of which, has that Italian series Montalbano hit your tv? Loved both sets of series - the younger and older Montalbano, probably more so the older guy - double of my son. If it hasn't, it's all about a Sicilian cop; the first series started with the older man, but I think it got so popular they had to run another version telling the story of his early life. Always features at least one absolutely lovely Italian actress; they are all special, in their way. Love them to bits.

Rob

jeremyrh

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 08:25:50 am »

Peter

Isn't it EVERYONE's image of choice?

Rob C

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 10:35:11 am »

Isn't it EVERYONE's image of choice?

Only in a normal world.

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up