Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei XACT-2 Front-Standard Lens Mount for Nikon  (Read 1759 times)

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
Rollei XACT-2 Front-Standard Lens Mount for Nikon
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:10:03 am »

I have a Rollei ZACT-2 on order, but do not understand what I will need on the lend-end of the bellows, so that I have a Nikon F-Mount to receive Nikon-mount lenses? Can someone please enlighten me as to what I am looking for.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Rollei XACT-2 Front-Standard Lens Mount for Nikon
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:55:11 am »

Hi Michael,
The Novoflex Balpro 1 and Balpro T/S adapters are reported to also fit on the X-Act2.  I haven't tested this personally however.  They do have a Nikon F mount lens adapter listed in their catalog as well as a rear mount to attach the Nikon body too.
http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/macro-accessories/bellows-systems/adapters-for-balpro-1--balpro-ts/
Rolleiflex USA

Michael Erlewine

• MacroStop.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:58:51 am »

Hi Michael,
The Novoflex Balpro 1 and Balpro T/S adapters are reported to also fit on the X-Act2.  I haven't tested this personally however.  They do have a Nikon F mount lens adapter listed in their catalog as well as a rear mount to attach the Nikon body too.
http://www.novoflex.com/en/products/macro-accessories/bellows-systems/adapters-for-balpro-1--balpro-ts/

Yes, since I posted this question I managed to find and order just what you have pointed out here. Thanks.

Since these kind of bellows systems require enlarger-sized lenses, does anyone have suggestions as to which of the enlarger lenses are best to use or are the most highly corrected (APO)?
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »

I like the Rodenstock APO Rodagon lenses myself.  I have the 80mm, 90mm, 105mm and 120mm. I use the 90 the most.
Rolleiflex USA

Theodoros

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 07:59:51 am »

I like the Rodenstock APO Rodagon lenses myself.  I have the 80mm, 90mm, 105mm and 120mm. I use the 90 the most.

Hi Eric, I really hope this thread will keep on going, as I recently added an X-Act2 in my possession and I'm converting it heavily as to adapt it on my needs....

The solution I ended up to do the above, is to choose the Rollei X-Act as my view camera (because the body - other than being small - has been designed as to be used with MF lenses and MFDB and has enough tolerances  for one to use a mirrorless on the rear standard with MF lenses) and then use a S/H Contax 645 body, from which I will remove the mount and CPU contacts and integrate them on the removable disc of the front standard... Then I'll have the back plate of the camera body removed (with the CPU contacts, the focal plane shutter and the hinges for the MFDB) and integrate them on the removable disc of the rear standard. Then, I'll retain the rest of the body, attach it to the back of the x-act2's rail and have extension cables from the remains of the body that will connect back the CPU interface (via multi-pin plugs) to the front and rear standard.... For optical VF, I'll be converting a film back that will have a screen where the film plane should be and use  the Hartblei chimney finder for lupe as to be able to just attach the film back instead of the MFDB, or use the MFDB's LV...

That way, I'll be able to remove the Contax parts from the rear or the front standards whenever I want and also will be able to use a mirrorless instead on the rear standard, yet retaining the aperture control for the Contax lenses, or even remove the Contax mount from the front standard and use other lenses with the Contax backs and focal plane shutter, or with a mirrorless....

Needless to say that one can use the Rollei lenses with the Rollei shutter/aperture control instead of using the C645 lenses and retain full interface compatibility with C645 (or other) mount backs attached on....  I think you may be interested on this project.

Mind you that if the MF lenses of both C645 or Rollei 6xxx/HY6 are used, they can cover the image circle of any MFDB with very generous movements allowed, since their image circle expands if they are focused to their minimum focusing distance since the (particular) camera has enough tolerances as to still be able to focus the lenses to infinity using the x-act2's focusing knob.

EDIT: One must also note that the X-Act2 is among the very few cameras, that one can replace the MFDB used on it with a different "disk" on the rear standard that will be of Sony α7 mount, have the Sony recessed as for the grip not to touch the rear standard's frame and still have enough tolerance as to use MF (or enlarging) lenses with it! For WA use with a mirrorless, I'll be using the Samyang 24mm f3.5 lens converted for Contax mount so that the tolerances of using it with a view camera will be increased by 19mm....  The same lens will be used with my two 37x49mm backs focused for its minimum distance....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 11:23:20 am by Theodoros »
Pages: [1]   Go Up