Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf6300 printhead problem  (Read 877 times)

Spooky

ipf6300 printhead problem
« on: December 05, 2015, 05:59:00 pm »

Hi i have a ipf6300 and it came up with the 03130031-2618 error so i removed the left printhead and it started up fine could load paper then asks to replace printhead, So i installed new left printhead after around 1 min of the printer doing its stuff it comes up on the screen left printerhead error replace printhead. It was a sealed bran new one i put in any idears ppl please.

Landscapes

Re: ipf6300 printhead problem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 10:33:45 am »

I found it interesting that it continued for only 1 minute.  At the same time, I found it interesting that you removed the printhead while the printer was off.  The only times I have ever changed a head is when the printer tells me to, so I go through the procedure of changing it while the printer is on.  It starts with all the ink being dumped, then it tells you to remove it, then you put a new one in, then it fills with ink for about 10-15 mins and hopefully all is good.

I'm sure the printer knew it was a different head since they have serial numbers that the printer than read, but the way you changed it sounds a bit out of sequence to me.  What is also odd is that after only 1 minute it came up with an error.  If it initially accepted the head, it should take 10-15 mins to fill with ink, unless of course what you did was somehow bypass the whole ink dumping and refilling procedure, but this might also explain why it didn't want to initialize the new head.

Now you got a problem I guess because you don't really know if the new head is faulty, since you didn't seem to change it as per procedure, or if you have a bad main board.  It can only be 3 things.  Main board, carriage (which has a circuit board in it as well), or printhead.  I had all 3 replaced on my machine, so I know how one can fry the other and all that stuff, but these 3 things together basically is the entire guts of the printer from the brains point of view.

Sorry I have no advice, and I'm not even sure if going through the correct procedure would help now that the new head has already been put into the printer and hence "tainted".

Spooky

Re: ipf6300 printhead problem
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 06:39:14 am »

Tanks for replying i know its not the right way but it would not let me into service mode untill i removed the printerhead and it was locked to the right but the carriage was free to move when turned off, but after i removed the printer head it started ok and came up with replace printerhead which i did it would not give me the option to do this with the change printhead command, Anyways after a little more looking into thing and changing main controller board from my other printer i have two of them. that was the problem. so looks like im down to one ill keep it for spares. Again thats for your reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up