Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LightRomm6: "I am gonna ignore importing these photos and pretend you see them"  (Read 1266 times)

Phil Indeblanc

So there are 800 images in a folder that LR somehow missed. This was the case in a folder of the day before, and by Syncing the folder it found and counted the images and did import them. YAY.
But the next days folder the sync fails. It count the images, but during import it says that there are no photos found to import.

I noticed this on my system a few of other times  and Sync usually took care of it.

So now I'm about to import them, but I have the "Don't import dupes" marked so they are ignored.  I uncheck, and it does import them. But where were they to begin with? 

I also have a number of photos I simply cant find on my system regardless of how I search for them. I made online jpeg small versions of them that are in the folders, but the source files are gone. I did a search from the OS, and no luck! I have a client requesting 2 of them to be 30x40" and I can't do it either one as they are both a pair from the same shoot!! What a pain!

I have about 10TB of images and its not fun, but ACDSee makes it a little easier than the Windows Explorer search.  Anyways, so is LR in need of some patching up or ?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

lhodaniel

I feel your pain, Phil. Ironically, I had the same thing happen to me today with Capture One. I have a folder of film scans, about 600 of them, and only 12 were showing in the C1P catalog. I tried sync and there were no more images located. In a mild panic (who wants to do THAT again), I looked in explorer and thankfully they were all there. Did Sync again, and it found them. I had to re-import 574. I have no idea why it lost them.

Lloyd

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

Have you tried with a backup catalog?
Pages: [1]   Go Up