Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Multiple Folders into C1 Pro 8.0  (Read 1426 times)

Spinosaurus

Importing Multiple Folders into C1 Pro 8.0
« on: December 04, 2015, 11:49:35 pm »

I tired searching for this topic but maybe chose the wrong words.  I download my photos into folders by date and subject onto the computer.  I then import these into C1 Pro or Lightroom.  In Lightroom I can select multiple folders by holding down the shift key and clicking on a range of folders.  This doesn't work in C1 Pro.  Is there a different keyboard shortcut or is it just not possible to import multiple folders at the same time.
Thanks.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Importing Multiple Folders into C1 Pro 8.0
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 04:18:35 am »

I tired searching for this topic but maybe chose the wrong words.  I download my photos into folders by date and subject onto the computer.  I then import these into C1 Pro or Lightroom.  In Lightroom I can select multiple folders by holding down the shift key and clicking on a range of folders.  This doesn't work in C1 Pro.  Is there a different keyboard shortcut or is it just not possible to import multiple folders at the same time.

Hi,

I think it depends a bit on your folder structure. "Import" can import from pre-existing folders and include their subfolders if you select that, but that obviously only works for hierarchical structures, not completely disconnected folders/subjects (unless you go to the highest image hierarchy level, and use advanced search criteria to limit the number of files to choose from).

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 06:08:18 am »

Thanks.

Why not let capture one sort them into date folders on import... And save yourself the trouble? ;)
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Spinosaurus

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 09:27:53 pm »

Thank you for the input.  One problem I have not solved is that I use both Lightroom and C1 as presently I only use C1 for my Sony, because it's RAW conversion is much more pleasant to me.  I will work on a better folder structure that should allow me to use either engine without problems.  I am really considering totally migrating to C1 completely as I am not at all a fan of the lease situation Adobe moved to.  It is likely no more expensive than buying updates used to be but it is irksome to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up