Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: On Street Photography  (Read 10071 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: On Street Photography
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 06:53:41 pm »

... I could not go to either of the sites in your signature block (also mentioned in your article).  Both come back "403 forbidden"

Works fine on my side.

SanderKikkert

• flickr
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 04:28:16 am »

Really enjoyed reading that, what an excellent piece, or as you'd put it yourself I imagine: a truly good grab Russ !

Best Regards, Sander

PhilippeV

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 10:19:48 pm »

Works fine on my side.

That was a Non Sequitur which solves absolutely nothing.

Subsequent to my initial post I went on Apple Support Community and got this:

"Sometimes the problem is caused by a web server that is configured to request an optional client certificate. Safari treats the request as mandatory. In that case, other browsers such as Firefox and Chrome may be able to connect to the site, because they ignore the request."

Thanks for the assist folks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 04:05:35 pm by PhilippeV »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 01:51:08 am »

That was a Non Sequitur which solves absolutely nothing.

Why?

It simply points out that some (most?) people can open both of Russ' sites, and some can not. In other words, the problem doesn't seem to be with Russ' sites. Given that I am not a techie, maybe I am missing something?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:31:13 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2015, 01:03:50 pm »

...myself included, always was able to get to Russ' sites, but for some reason they are denied me...(think he may have placed me on his "do not send" list 8))
A common woman~

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »

...myself included, always was able to get to Russ' sites, but for some reason they are denied me...(think he may have placed me on his "do not send" list 8))

It's just Miami vice; a hiccup.

Rob C

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 02:59:53 pm »

Miami vice...(quote Rob...)
You'll notice the shades were donned before I posted...
A common woman~

Rob C

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 03:39:35 pm »

Miami vice...(quote Rob...)
You'll notice the shades were donned before I posted...

Won't help in Florida: it's the humidity is the killer. Only time my wife ever fainted was in Key West. Same as Singapore, where the humidity hit our model who passed out and fell off a small rock. But fortunately I was quick as hell and saved the shoot - and the model too. One good reason for pro insurance.

Rob C

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2015, 08:44:49 am »

Hi Russ!

Sorry I am late to the party! I too, enjoyed your article. Thank you!

I am constantly in awe of being a member of this amazing site and that I am able to interact with the caliber people who are fellow members/friends.

There are a number of people whose opinions I really value, and, none more than yours Russ! It is 100% your influence and arguments that now cause me, not only to include "the hand of man" in my landscapes - but to embrace it!

Thank you.
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »

Hi all,

Thanks for the kudos and kind words. I'd have said that sooner, but about the time the article was published I got hit by a pinched nerve, evidently under a herniated spinal disk, damaged long ago (I think) by an F-84 ejection-seat demo, but only now clobbering me. I still can't sit for long, and I can't walk without a walker. But things are improving, and I now can use my laptop (in a very weird, contorted position) to see what's going on in LuLa land, and, maybe participate a bit. Missed you guys.  8)
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2016, 10:13:07 pm »

Welcome back, Russ. Yes, we have missed you.
I do hope your health improves both rapidly and completely!

-Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 07:13:32 am »

Russ, I'd like to join others and thank you for the great article, which I enjoyed so much. Wonderful photographs, too.

Speaking of street photography, one of my favorite shots is the attached one, by Mel DiGiacomo -- a slightly cropped frame of this video at 3:30... He accompanied the image with Laurence Olivier quote: "There are 50 million actors in Italy, and the worst ones are on the stage".

I believe this shot fits the definition of street photography from your article very well.

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 02:59:32 pm »

But things are improving, and I now can use my laptop (in a very weird, contorted position) to see what's going on in LuLa land, and, maybe participate a bit. Missed you guys.  8)
Yay!

You know, this place isn't the same without you. There are a few people who were here a decade ago, that I will be very sad to see go, and you're one of them. Thanks for your continued contributions.
Jan

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 06:52:50 am »

Yay!

You know, this place isn't the same without you. There are a few people who were here a decade ago, that I will be very sad to see go, and you're one of them. Thanks for your continued contributions.

Thanks Jan, After three epidurals I'm now able to walk pretty well. I've been walking about a mile every day along our river and streets. Of course I'm carrying a camera, but so far there's not much to shoot other than the kind of thing I've posted here. I hope to be able to get over to St. Augustine before too long and do some street shooting.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up