Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New 24" Epson  (Read 890 times)

enduser

New 24" Epson
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:48:39 pm »

The new Epson 24 7070 has the following heartening statement in its specs list about the head: "New scheduled print head maintenance cycles
- Ideal for intermittent usage environments".

This is new data for users, I think.

Landscapes

Re: New 24" Epson
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »

All this means is that the printer is designed to waste ink at regular intervals so you don't have to waste the ink all at once prior to printing.  ;D

This is more than likely essentially what the Canons already do anyway.  They wake up every so often, agitate the inks, and I've even seen my run a nozzle check all by itself after it woke itself up. 

The best thing I have found is just make sure to do a print every 2 days.  If I wait till 3, it sometimes wants to do a clean cycle which just wastes more ink than the amount I would use to run an 8x10 or so through.  Of course if you are going to be away, then this is hard to do, but othewise, load up a 10 inch roll of paper and just run a print through every 2 days and you will be much better off.

chez

Re: New 24" Epson
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »

The automated cleaning cycle sounds good...but it really depends on how much ink it wastes with each cycle. Knowing Epson...it won't be a meager amount.
Pages: [1]   Go Up