Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Untypical horizontal and vertical artefacts on 3880  (Read 837 times)

unesco

Untypical horizontal and vertical artefacts on 3880
« on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:24 pm »

Hi all,

Now, I heavily use my 3880 and noticed strange marks/lines - both horizontal and vertical on prints when MANUAL REAR feeder is used (not visible with manual front and sheet feeder) as on attached scan (contrast and brightnes much exxagerated). The printhead goes left-right as for the picture. The spacing between vertical darker "lines" is ~1.6 cm and between horizontal ~2.9 cm. It appears only in dark or very places of the printout - of course not as visible as in attached scan, but clearly visible in good ligthning conditions. High resolution scan shows a bit more Y ink on darker stripes and a bit more M on brighter ones...

I tried Ilford Gold Fibre Silk, Pearl and some fine-art matt papers. Any ideas? I gave up after days of finding the reason. Increasing thicknes from 3 to 5 doesn't help.

unesco

Re: Untypical horizontal and vertical artefacts on 3880
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:13:42 pm »

It looks like I found the reason of some of the banding - at least in the horizontal direction.
I suppose it was caused by silly thing  :o - the table my printer was placed was not stable, shaking a bit acorging to printhead movement. When I stablized it (atached to the wall, problem dissapeared - so far.
Just to let you know that technology simetimes requires serious harwork ;-).

Simmons

• Fine Art Printed
Re: Untypical horizontal and vertical artefacts on 3880
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 10:08:29 am »

have you found a solution for the vertical one?
Pages: [1]   Go Up