Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 645Z to Sinar 4x5  (Read 6536 times)

Ken R

Re: 645Z to Sinar 4x5
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 11:31:36 am »

I would, but I don't have extra for a body, so the 645Z would be great. Yes, I do value software, and I think I would be OK with LR for developing.
Does DXO or others offer processing? The sync speed at 125 maybe low but expected for a 645?

P45 with Mamiya bodies are in the price range, but that would be a very different sensor.

The 645Z is a really nice camera but you are basically limited to SLR lenses for Pentax 645 or larger formats (P67 lenses and Hasselblad V mount lenses work with adapters) due to the very long flange focal length of its lens mount (to accommodate the sir mirror box). A digital back is a whole different concept. I though you wanted to use a tech camera and lenses (whether its 4x5 or smaller).

Of the SLR cameras the only one that can really be used in a tech camera (limited to longer tech camera lenses) is the Leica S due to the fact that it has the shortest mount (flange focal length) of all the medium format sir cameras since it was designed from the ground up for the smaller than film medium format digital sensors.

Phil Indeblanc

Re: 645Z to Sinar 4x5
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2015, 11:59:51 am »

The 645Z is a really nice camera but you are basically limited to SLR lenses for Pentax 645 or larger formats (P67 lenses and Hasselblad V mount lenses work with adapters) due to the very long flange focal length of its lens mount (to accommodate the sir mirror box). A digital back is a whole different concept. I though you wanted to use a tech camera and lenses (whether its 4x5 or smaller).

Of the SLR cameras the only one that can really be used in a tech camera (limited to longer tech camera lenses) is the Leica S due to the fact that it has the shortest mount (flange focal length) of all the medium format sir cameras since it was designed from the ground up for the smaller than film medium format digital sensors.

Yes, I am looking to use it on a tech camera to replace a H25, as its the only one i have left.  The only medium format gear I have is a FULL line of the Mamiya RZ67ProII system.

If I could mount that on the Sinar JUST to test if the light fall is OK, would be nice as I think it would roughly be in the same issue as the 645z lightfall. I have the adapter from the RZ to the H25 Vmount back. ...But I would need a RZ adapter mount plate for the Sinar....And I have not come across one, which it wouldn't make sense as it doesn't have a fixed digital back.

So with your experience, what limitations in lenes would it cause? Like I said, I would mainly be in the 180, 120 on the Sinar and then it would be used along my 5Dm2 as a SRL style camera.

Both can be upgrade this way, The 5Dm2 gets a side kick, and the H25 get a backseat rest. No?

But two of you have mentioned a problem with the mirror box, and this we have yet to clear up as to how and when it will be a problem, and what that problem actually is.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up