Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7R2 not detected w/ new MBP  (Read 1669 times)

peter_c

Sony A7R2 not detected w/ new MBP
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:59:04 pm »

Setting up a new 13" MBP mid 2014, OS 10.11.1 and having issue with it recognizing my Sony A7R2 camera.  I've installed the newly released Capture One 9 software but it does not see the Sony; works fine with my P45+.  I immediately thought it an issue with Capture software; decided to check with Sony Remote Camera Control app before submitting ticket to Phase.  Ditto, Sony app does not detect an attached camera, so at this point, I think it to be a Mac issue.

The same camera tethers perfectly on my 15" MBP, OS 10.10.5, with the previous version of Capture One and same Sony RCC.

Next steps?

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Sony A7R2 not detected w/ new MBP
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 06:33:50 pm »

Setting up a new 13" MBP mid 2014, OS 10.11.1 and having issue with it recognizing my Sony A7R2 camera.  I've installed the newly released Capture One 9 software but it does not see the Sony; works fine with my P45+.  I immediately thought it an issue with Capture software; decided to check with Sony Remote Camera Control app before submitting ticket to Phase.  Ditto, Sony app does not detect an attached camera, so at this point, I think it to be a Mac issue.

The same camera tethers perfectly on my 15" MBP, OS 10.10.5, with the previous version of Capture One and same Sony RCC.

Next steps?
i think there were some tethering issues reported with C18 and El capitan.  Not sure if they are resolved, but I thought I read that C1 version 9 just released solves some tethering problems.

peter_c

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:38:50 pm »

Just resolved issue in a somewhat surprising way.  Before a scheduled Genius bar visit, I wanted to ensure I hadn't overlooked anything that would be considered user error.  I've always used a 15 ft micro usb-usb cord for tethering with my larger MBP; repeated connection with Sony supplied 3ft cord, BINGO.  Time to look into alternative connection or extension.

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 12:38:03 pm »

Just resolved issue in a somewhat surprising way.  Before a scheduled Genius bar visit, I wanted to ensure I hadn't overlooked anything that would be considered user error.  I've always used a 15 ft micro usb-usb cord for tethering with my larger MBP; repeated connection with Sony supplied 3ft cord, BINGO.  Time to look into alternative connection or extension.

I found my connection to the A7rII becomes tenuous when my laptop in not plugged into AC and the camera is set to draw power over USB. The power over USB feature is great if my laptop stays plugged into AC power. I can shoot a whole day without changing the battery in the Sony.

"The USB power supply option sets whether to supply power via USB connection when the camera is connected to a computer or USB device using a micro USB cable."
Pages: [1]   Go Up