Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Promotions on CFV-50c and H5D-50c  (Read 3233 times)

torger

Promotions on CFV-50c and H5D-50c
« on: December 01, 2015, 04:13:21 pm »

In case someone didn't notice, Hasselblad has 40% off on the H5D-50c and CFV-50c in December. That brings the CFV-50c down to €7900, and the H5D-50c to €12500.

http://www.hasselblad.com/product-exclusives

Now even I start to feel that's a reasonable price. I just hope full-frame CMOS arrives so the CMOS crop sensors becomes entry level and maybe permanently priced at this level.

JV

Re: Promotions on CFV-50c and H5D-50c
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 05:45:23 pm »

Definitely nice but with $19K still more than double as the Pentax 645Z at $7K...

torger

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 03:22:05 am »

True, but the Hassy system is quite different from the 645Z system.

I don't think Hassy has the ability to go as low as Pentax in price, I think their production is too expensive. That's what I've heard when I've talked to people inside Hasselblad, one of them even though that Pentax would be forced to raise their prices as it's "impossible" to make a medium format that cheap. But I guess it depends a lot on where you have your factories.

Today it seems like Hassy's problem is to be able to produce their products in the same rate as they're sold. The CFV-50c seems to be back-ordered rather often. That is a problem too of course, as they don't get the same gain from lower prices as they could if they could sell at the same rate as the demand is.

I think/hope the future of Hasselblad is less of the old car-sales model and more of a mass-market model (like Pentax). It's just a camera after all, why have a dealer-heavy model that undoubtedly leads to lots of overhead. CMOS makes the cameras more sellable to other than studio professionals, that is to enthusiasts and with that you get a much broader and larger market, and there's certainly no lack of interest in high resolution cameras. The current manufacturing and sales structure don't really have the bandwidth to meet this new opportunity, but I hope that will change eventually.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 03:29:31 am by torger »

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 11:36:40 am »

In case someone didn't notice, Hasselblad has 40% off on the H5D-50c and CFV-50c in December. That brings the CFV-50c down to €7900, and the H5D-50c to €12500.

I just got an email from Hasselblad Bron saying that, from 12/1 through 12/24, that the H5D-50c Wi-Fi was $14,500.

"The Festive Season has come early for image quality obsessed photographers looking to step up to the ultimate in medium format capture.

In what is being described as ‘the camera promotion offer of the decade’ Hasselblad has announced a new price tag for its award-winning H5D-50c camera.

The ‘absolutely no compromise’ H5D-50c, which has just walked away with the ‘Best technical achievement in a medium format camera’ accolade at the prestigious Lucie Technical Awards in New York City, was the world’s first integrated 50 megapixel medium format camera to use the groundbreaking CMOS sensor technology – enabling astonishing image clarity even in very low-light conditions.

This pioneering camera provides file sizes up to 154MB; ISO up to 6400, plus the widest range of shutter speeds from 34 minutes to 1/800second. The superbly engineered H5D-50c can handle even the highest contrast shooting situations thanks to its increased dynamic range of 14 f-stops – providing users with matchless detail and tonality in shadows and highlight areas.

There really has never been a better time to invest in Hasselblad medium format technology.

The promotion is available for a limited time only from December 1st, 2015 to December 24th, 2015 so contact your nearest dealer as soon as possible"

B&H does not show this price. Is this for real?

Jim

pixjohn

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 12:38:17 pm »

its time for me to get a new back, my Aptus 75 died and I don't think it's worth the $$$ to fix. My iq140 chip size is to small for the  Schneider 24xl. Anyone use this back on a tech camera?

Theodoros

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 01:54:34 pm »

I just hope full-frame CMOS arrives so the CMOS crop sensors becomes entry level and maybe permanently priced at this level.

There is no requirement for FF Cmos as for H5D-50 to become the entry level product... It should be the entry product anyway with all makers that use the Sony sensor since its the cheapest sensor out of all for makers to buy....  ;)

AlterEgo

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 02:30:10 pm »

B&H does not show this price. Is this for real?
it does now that they heard about you = " Hasselblad H5D-50c Wi-Fi Medium Format DSLR Camera Body " - You Pay: $14,500.00

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »

it does now that they heard about you = " Hasselblad H5D-50c Wi-Fi Medium Format DSLR Camera Body " - You Pay: $14,500.00

Thanks. I didn't realize I had that much influence.

Jim

AlterEgo

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 03:33:09 pm »

Thanks. I didn't realize I had that much influence.

Jim

why ? I think some people in B&H do read the forums  ;D

PS: no sarcasm intended.

torger

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 04:59:19 pm »

its time for me to get a new back, my Aptus 75 died and I don't think it's worth the $$$ to fix. My iq140 chip size is to small for the  Schneider 24xl. Anyone use this back on a tech camera?

The CFV-50c / H5D-50c chip size is also 44x33mm as the IQ140, and the CMOS in them is not so well compatible with the Schneider 24XL as far as I know so it's probably not a good buy for your needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up