Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Images - Adjustment Styles and User Presets?  (Read 1578 times)

Dinarius

Importing Images - Adjustment Styles and User Presets?
« on: December 01, 2015, 10:15:04 am »

My workflow so far is like this...using a single Session....

1. Copy images from memory card into a client folder on my HD.

2. Open C1 and click on the Library tab.

3. Browse to the folder of images and click on them. C1 now displays them in film strip mode and in the preview.

What I want to know is this....

If I create a Style Preset by making adjustments to one image and saving these, how can I have these settings applied to all images when I import via the Library tab?

Secondly, in the Adjustments clipboard, under Base Characteristics, there are only two options, Camera Profile and Film Curve. I'd like to have a Style Preset that has Linear saved. Is this not an option?

Thanks.

D.

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Importing Images - Adjustment Styles and User Presets?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:30:56 am »

My workflow so far is like this...using a single Session....

1. Copy images from memory card into a client folder on my HD.

2. Open C1 and click on the Library tab.

3. Browse to the folder of images and click on them. C1 now displays them in film strip mode and in the preview.

What I want to know is this....

If I create a Style Preset by making adjustments to one image and saving these, how can I have these settings applied to all images when I import via the Library tab?

Secondly, in the Adjustments clipboard, under Base Characteristics, there are only two options, Camera Profile and Film Curve. I'd like to have a Style Preset that has Linear saved. Is this not an option?

Thanks.

D.

1) use the import dialog and apply the style
2) Copy / paste the style from one image to all

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Paul Steunebrink

• Image Alchemist
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 11:39:50 am »

In addition to David's reply:

You can either Open a folder from the Library, or Import through the Import Images dialog. In the latter case you can apply one or more styles or presets.

In the Base Characteristics tool you can save a preset with the Linear curve. Apply the preset as mentioned.

Note that if you apply a preset to a selection of images, all images with get the preset applied immediately. This is a very fast workflow. There is no need to copy/apply the adjustment as you would do without the preset. Hope this makes sense.

Dinarius

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 03:10:22 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Just to be clear; are you both saying that a saved set of User Presets cannot be applied automatically at the point when images are being imported into C1 via the Library tab, but only after this import via copy and paste?

Thanks.

D.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:18:09 am by Dinarius »

• Capture One
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 04:09:34 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Just to be clear; are you both saying that a saved set of User Presets cannot be applied automatically at the point when images are being imported into C1 via the Library tab, but only after this import via copy and paste?

Thanks.

D.
You can also apply on import - up to you!
David Grover

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 04:21:17 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Hi D.

There are lots of possibilities.

1. You can set defaults for tools.
2. You can create presets, for quickly selecting certain/multiple parameter settings for a specific tool.
3. You can create Styles, collections of settings for multiple tools, and styles can be stacked (last Style overrides earlier parameter settings if allowed).

Presets or Styles can be used upon import when you set the Adjustment Styles option in the Import dialog.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Dinarius

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 05:20:56 am »

Thanks again for the replies...so, one last question, I hope!  8)

Let's say I have created and saved two User Styles.

Is it possible to do the following.........

1. Click on the Library tab.

2. Browse to the location of new files on my HD.

3. Bring these files into C1 and choose which of the two User Styles to apply...without having to invoke the Import dialog?

Usually, I would be using only one of those User Styles as my default for bringing files into C1. So, I guess what I'm really asking is, how can I make the Library Tab use this style when bringing in images?

As you can see, I'm trying to avoid having to use the Import dialog. Importing via the Library tab is so easy!

Thanks.

D.

• Capture One
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 06:05:35 am »

Thanks again for the replies...so, one last question, I hope!  8)

Let's say I have created and saved two User Styles.

Is it possible to do the following.........

1. Click on the Library tab.

2. Browse to the location of new files on my HD.

3. Bring these files into C1 and choose which of the two User Styles to apply...without having to invoke the Import dialog?

Usually, I would be using only one of those User Styles as my default for bringing files into C1. So, I guess what I'm really asking is, how can I make the Library Tab use this style when bringing in images?

As you can see, I'm trying to avoid having to use the Import dialog. Importing via the Library tab is so easy!

Thanks.

D.

Hi Dinarius,

Sounds like you are using Capture One as Browser in Session mode?

Sure you can avoid the import dialog, but browsing images is not importing... just browsing.

So once you have browsed to your folder, simply select all the images and choose your style.

D
David Grover

Dinarius

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 10:03:50 am »

Hi,

David, yes I am using it in browser mode, I guess.

I'm a very low volume shooter. I simply want to be able to copy the card onto my HD and then browse to that client folder from C1.

The single Session approach is plenty for me.

But, I think I'll move over to accessing the images via Import.....and apply my Adjustment preset(s) from there.

So, I have one more question re the Import dialog.

In the dialog, the second item is Import To. Just to be sure, I never want to move the images from the HD folder that I'm accessing them from. So, is Capture Folder the option to leave them where they are? (And, do I leave Sub-folder untouched?)

Thanks again.

D.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:17 pm »

You misunderstand the way C1 file handing works. Which is easy to do, since c1 works differently than most other software in this regard.

You don't need to "import" if using the session method, if the files are already in the desired location. Simply browse to the folder and view the files.

You can right click the folder and select "add to favorites" to make finding that folder easier in the future.

Dinarius

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 12:17:49 pm »

Doug,

Many thanks.

The reason I was considering using the Import dialog is that I would apply my Adjustment Style presets at that point. But, I guess I can browse to the folder via the Library and tab and then Select All and apply the Style Preset then.

Thanks.

D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up