Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yes, Another Great Egret  (Read 713 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Yes, Another Great Egret
« on: November 30, 2015, 10:13:03 am »

And Just When I Think...what, another Great Egret shot...really, just how many do I already have...a zillion, maybe two...but,

"Another Great Egret Shot" - are there really "too many?"

Shot with a Nikon D810 coupled to the new Nikkor 200-500 - No more reservations to this piece of glass; it's really a nice piece of glass.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Yes, Another Great Egret
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:38:18 pm »

I think it would be greater if you'd clone out that little green area protruding behind the bird's head. Otherwise, a nice birder shot.

Colorado David

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:38 pm »

Chris, are you convinced you no longer have issues with the 200-500 lens?  I want to get this lens, but want to avoid the frustrations some others have reported.  I have the 200-400 f/4 lens and like it a lot, but think I might carry this lens more often.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 04:45:48 pm »

Chris, are you convinced you no longer have issues with the 200-500 lens?  I want to get this lens, but want to avoid the frustrations some others have reported.  I have the 200-400 f/4 lens and like it a lot, but think I might carry this lens more often.

I have shot this lens every day since it came and while at first I had to get adjusted to how it "worked" as opposed to how my 80-400 "worked," since then, each day produces better and better images.

Yeah, the image is of a duck, but the clarity is there. (Green stuff is pollen on top of the water.)

I bought mine Directly from NIKONUSA to be sure I didn't get one of the ones out there that might have had problems.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows
Pages: [1]   Go Up