Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IBIS, Macro, "focal length"  (Read 1422 times)

Helmut R

IBIS, Macro, "focal length"
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:46:04 am »

Since a while I have a sony a7r2 with in camera image stabilization. I intend to make use of this in combination with a legacy macro lens with fixed focus (in my case a macro elmarit r, f=60mm or a micro nikkor 4/200). I do not precisely know how the image stabilization operates  but I guess, camera + lens is considered to be a solid system which, hand held, suffers from some "zitterbewegung" inducing a vibration of the picture at the position of the sensor and this vibration has to be compensated.  The relevant parameter the system has to know , in my view, is the distance between sensor and lens, that is focal length f + move of the lens, e.g. in case of  a 1:1 macro picture together 2f,  in case of a 1:2 mapping it would be (1+1/2)f. Therefore I should insert this value instead of f (as is requested in the manual of the camera). - Does someone have experience ?
Helmut

elf

Re: IBIS, Macro, "focal length"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

Does image stabilization work at macro distances?

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »

Hmmm, good question. I've done some macro work with my adapted 60mm Makro-Planars using the A7r Mk. I but none so far with the A7r2. I'd recommend some experimentation.  :)

-Dave-

AlterEgo

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 05:06:00 pm »

Does image stabilization work at macro distances?
if you see better /shakewise/ the subject in EVF/LCD when using macro lens and doing macro work then it naturally does...
Pages: [1]   Go Up