Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamron 15-30 And Filter Options  (Read 3225 times)

rxinfographics

Tamron 15-30 And Filter Options
« on: November 29, 2015, 07:58:50 am »

Not sure if this topic is address already --had not seen such.  But question is: for other to address--I also have asked Lee to address this question on their website but then have not and its been weeks without a reply thus wanted to ask the pros here
--------------------------------------------
Hello: Please advise on the following. I have the lee 100X system which includes big/little stopper and soft grad. and 105 mm polarizer.  I have search the camera forums and no is able to put specific down as to what lee system and EXACT components to buy, so I will ask it here and ask you to put in the forums so other may benefit

What do I need to buy in the lee system for the Tamron 15-30

1) What System? Size?
2) What Filter sizes in big/little stopper,grad and polarizer?
3) What are the specific components to buy??

Thank you

brianrybolt

Re: Tamron 15-30 And Filter Options
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 02:08:31 pm »

Have you tried phoning them and talking to their technical department?  Try your professional camera / photo shop.

Good luck,
Brian

philaitman

Re: Tamron 15-30 And Filter Options
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:15 am »

For the ultrawide you can't use the 100 system you need to use the Lee 150 which means new holders and new filters.
See here for compatibility http://www.leefilters.com/index.php/camera/system-sw150

Personally for ultra wide I use the Nisi 150 system. Aside from being a bit cheaper I find the holder to be far superior to the Lee 150. It's machined out of aluminium is 1 piece and is far, far simpler to attach to the lens.

Filter wise you can use Nisi or Lee 150mm filters with the holder.

Nisi do appear to make a holder for the Tamron as it's talked about on this post from Fstoppers. https://fstoppers.com/originals/fstoppers-reviews-nisi-150mm-filter-system-77419
Pages: [1]   Go Up