Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About to buy ea275uhd, questions remain.  (Read 1303 times)

zeiterhd

About to buy ea275uhd, questions remain.
« on: November 28, 2015, 08:40:01 am »

Hi guys,

I am thinking of buying the NEC ea275uhd. I already tried the Dell P2715Q which had uneven white uniformity across the panel. From the center to the bottom, it had a yellow tint. I was wondering if this could also happen with the Nec ea275uhd because it's not the pa series.

Also, is the NEC displays warranty good for all of North America? I'm thinking of buying the monitor from bhphotovideo but if I have a problem, can I just call NEC Canada and they will service it? Furthermore, what is the dead pixel warranty with NEC?

I will connect it to a retina macbook pro and use it in scaled 1440p mode. Someone told me that it won't do 1:1 pixel mapping in lightroom...is it true? is that a problem?

Thank you for your help.

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
Re: About to buy ea275uhd, questions remain.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

The EA275UHD has internal uniformity compensation based on measurements taken on each individual display during production. It isn't as sophisticated as the uniformity system on the PA series which allows the compensation level to be adjusted. On the EA series it is either on or off.

The NEC warranty covers all of North America. Technical support is handled by one central location in the US.

I'm not aware of issues with Lightroom, but when you set Mac OS to do scaled video the fonts remain a readable size, with the advantage of being rendered at a higher resolution and are therefore much more detailed looking.
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up