Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 360 panos in Lightroom  (Read 1092 times)

Stephane Desnault

360 panos in Lightroom
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:25:21 am »

I am quite impressed by the new versions of HDR + Pano features in LR6.

I have a TON of HDR + 360*180 pano material on my hard drive, taken over the years, some corporate, some personal.

Is there a way to use the pano merge function to do a full 360*180 pano, that "loops" back over the edges ? It doesn't seem documented?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: 360 panos in Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 07:58:56 am »

Is there a way to use the pano merge function to do a full 360*180 pano, that "loops" back over the edges ? It doesn't seem documented?

Hi Stephane,

I don't know if LR iis able to do that, because I have not upgraded to version 6. However, a common trick to fool these non-specialized pano-stitchers is by adding the first image of a row twice, once at the beginning, and once at the end. That'll make sure that the stitching engine can get matching control-points where the 360 degree ends meet and must also blend luminosity seamlessly. I suppose that could work if you made a copy of the Raw input file and give it another name, but maybe you can create one additional variant/virtual copy for each row in LR that will be used to assemble a new Raw.

That may still get you just so far because, as far as I know, there is no equirectangular projection mode one can specifically select. For that dedicated software like PTGUI is better suited, also with patching up the zenith and nadir, if needed.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Stephane Desnault

Re: 360 panos in Lightroom
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:34:29 am »

Thanks for the trick Bart, that should indeed help! I'm using autopano pro otherwise, but was hoping for a seamless workflow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up