Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files missing  (Read 1385 times)

free2australian

Files missing
« on: November 26, 2015, 05:07:10 pm »

I Have a Mac and Lightroom CC.

This morning My Lightroom library showed a whole lot of photos missing.  These are photos that I exported in jpg from their Tiff to my desktop for a project. Most of these photos on my desktop are no longer there as I have used them for a project and have discarded them

I have not moved any photos outside of the Lightroom library on my computer only within Lightroom.

1.  Is there a reason why these photos within Lightroom are showing file could not be found?

2. This is the first time this has happened as I do lots of projects and the photos have always been exported to my desktop?

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Files missing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 09:09:18 pm »

I'm not on a mac but can you just search your hard drive for the file name to discover where it might be?

I'm suspicious of the path your screen capture describes, ie 3 subdirectories called dpmag.com?

eliedinur

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 02:16:08 am »

You write that you don't move files outside of LR, which is good, but did you import the jpgs to your catalog, either during export from the tiffs or later, and then delete them without LR?
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

free2australian

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 08:35:03 pm »

Hi Elied

On more exploration of the missing files - I found that in fact the files are not missing when go to "All Photographs" option within lightroom.  So they are not missing.  It seems that when I export files to my desktop Lightroom adds the  exported  photo to my catalog.

My question is how to stop this . Also what dictates that the exported files shows or does'nt show up within Lightroom?

Sue

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »

Hi Elied

On more exploration of the missing files - I found that in fact the files are not missing when go to "All Photographs" option within lightroom.  So they are not missing.  It seems that when I export files to my desktop Lightroom adds the  exported  photo to my catalog.

My question is how to stop this . Also what dictates that the exported files shows or does'nt show up within Lightroom?

Sue
When you choose to "Export" (in the Library module), there are several options that you can set. One of them, under "Export Location" is a check box for "Add to this catalog." If checked, the exported files are added to your catalog. I think checked may be the default, so in the Presets that I use I have now unchecked this box, and that seems to fix it.

Before I noticed that check box, I, too, was wondering why every exported image was duplicated in my Library. Now it doesn't happen.

I hope this helps.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

free2australian

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:11:10 pm »

thank you for the helpful response

sue
Pages: [1]   Go Up