Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you like to use a Wacom Tablet for Photoshop?  (Read 1642 times)

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Do you like to use a Wacom Tablet for Photoshop?
« on: November 26, 2015, 09:31:55 AM »

I often do a lot of manipulations like this on my images and find the brushes fall short in what I'm trying to do. I've researched the Wacom Intuos Photo and the Intuos Pro small but find it difficult to find recommendations from photographers in which, if any, Wacoms they use.
Any of you use a Wacom? If so, how do you like it? Thanks.

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Do you like to use a Wacom Tablet for Photoshop?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 11:16:39 AM »

I often do a lot of manipulations like this on my images and find the brushes fall short in what I'm trying to do. I've researched the Wacom Intuos Photo and the Intuos Pro small but find it difficult to find recommendations from photographers in which, if any, Wacoms they use.
Any of you use a Wacom? If so, how do you like it? Thanks.
I am using a wacom since 10 years or more using photoshop.
I find it indispensable, but some people do no like it.
I am on a Wacom intuos 3 medium format- 7 years old
The small format is usually good enough and cheapest.
I have some problems with the latest OSX variants 10.10 and 10.11. with some unintended scrolling.
So I stay with 10.9.5 because i also consider that the best system for an old macPro.
You could try a cheaper bamboo type to find out if you like working with a pencil instead of a mouse...
PK

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 01:58:56 PM »

Thanks, kers
I would hope Wacom's latest drivers take the latest OSX into account. I have the Retina 5 iMac. I'll confirm that before I buy. I think I will go with the smaller size to start as you suggested. I use a track ball mouse now that I love...but need the pressure controls and other features a pen offers. I'll probably use both in practice.

Tom Montgomery

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 08:06:59 PM »

I also find the Wacom indispensable when using Photoshop.  I use an Intuos Pro (medium), which really doesn't need to be that big. Kinda takes up a lot of desk space for what I do.  I have Wacom driver 6.3.15-1, running El Capitan (OSX 10.11.1) on a late 2013 27" iMac, and have had no issues whatsoever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up