Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Promised Guide to the Olympus OM-D E-M1  (Read 13212 times)

on2it

Promised Guide to the Olympus OM-D E-M1
« on: November 26, 2015, 05:46:36 am »

Hi, is this ever going to be produced?
Or have we lost interest...

stamper

Re: Promised Guide to the Olympus OM-D E-M1
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 07:23:38 am »

A nice "courteous" question which do doubt will be answered by a nice "courteous"answer? First post too. :( Eleven years a member.

nma

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 02:37:30 pm »

Not very courteous but still a valid question. I, too, would be very interested in seeing this guide.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 02:46:53 pm »

Kevin certainly talked about it and it may still happen - I am uncertain. It's not for lack of interest on either side. Simply a lack of time to get all projects done. I will nudge Kevin  :)

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 03:06:31 pm »

Consider me nudged.... In 10 days Chris and I will be shooting for a week together.  We'll discuss the logistics of the project.  I have the outline and the OLY expert in place.  It's  matter of scheduling.  Watch this space for more info in about two weeks.  We have quite the project list right now. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

MikeB55

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 04:47:43 am »

Thanks and fingers crossed! I would find such a guide invaluable particularly after the firmware 4 upgrade.

Kevin Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 06:32:29 am »

+1 To MikeB55
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:06:58 am by Kevin Gallagher »
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

degrub

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:27:58 am »

please focus one segment on working full manual with older lenses - useful camera setups, techniques, difficulties
Thanks
Frank

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 01:10:38 am »

One of the challenges will be to help owners to achieve, through an excessively complex menu system, the high degree of customisation/personalisation that is possible with this camera. The Olympus expert better be good. 
Ken Cameron

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 05:40:12 am »

Hello,

is there any news available to this topic ( after very long promised 2 weeks ;-) )

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 08:21:04 am »

This project as well as others are still on our list.  We have a lot of video content that we will be publishing over the coming weeks.  We are a small team.  While doing everyday articles and such for the site I have also been doing workshops.  The latest in Iceland and then I'll be gone 4 weeks for our Patagonia and Altiplano workshops in S. America.  This obviously takes away from time in the studio. We will get this and other camera tutorials on the production schedule.   We haven't forgotten this and it is important as I own the Olys and really see a need for a good tutorial. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Ranger Rick

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 10:00:30 am »

good news, thanks Kevin!

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 11:56:41 am »

This project as well as others are still on our list.  We have a lot of video content that we will be publishing over the coming weeks.  We are a small team.  While doing everyday articles and such for the site I have also been doing workshops.  The latest in Iceland and then I'll be gone 4 weeks for our Patagonia and Altiplano workshops in S. America.  This obviously takes away from time in the studio. We will get this and other camera tutorials on the production schedule.   We haven't forgotten this and it is important as I own the Olys and really see a need for a good tutorial.

Hello Kevin,

can you please precise a little bit how many weeks you were talking about ? If I'm not totally wrong, your reply and the promise was much more than one year ago.

BR Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

stamper

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 12:14:24 pm »

There must be other published guides elsewhere on the internet?

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 02:06:15 pm »

There must be other published guides elsewhere on the internet?

This is not the point : You pay here for a service based on promises which are not held. It is not just the Olympus video, nothing happened what Kevin proposed in the mentioned thread.

Br Robert

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »

The Olympus, as well as other projects, were on our list.  The problem is as many businesses find is a lack of resources, in this case, human.  Chris and I have completed a number of videos and I am trying to catch up with getting the articles that go with them published.  In addition, we have a Shooting with The Masters Video which is in the can and we want to get that finished.  We're looking at using third parties to do some of the videos as well as editing.  We have added help for other areas and hopefully, we can begin to pursue a lot of what we want to add as content.  I apologize for not doing the video as promised.  With the passing of Michael last spring when this was promised and a lot that happened after that some plans changed.  I do hope that over the coming weeks the video and articles that are coming will be of interest.  I am meeting Chris in Toronto next week to discuss our productions for the rest of the year.  Thanks for the understanding.  I'll discuss camera tutorials plus some of the other ideas that we are working on and hopefully, we can soon share what to expect.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 02:43:08 pm »

The Olympus, as well as other projects, were on our list.  The problem is as many businesses find is a lack of resources, in this case, human.  Chris and I have completed a number of videos and I am trying to catch up with getting the articles that go with them published.  In addition, we have a Shooting with The Masters Video which is in the can and we want to get that finished.  We're looking at using third parties to do some of the videos as well as editing.  We have added help for other areas and hopefully, we can begin to pursue a lot of what we want to add as content.  I apologize for not doing the video as promised.  With the passing of Michael last spring when this was promised and a lot that happened after that some plans changed.  I do hope that over the coming weeks the video and articles that are coming will be of interest.  I am meeting Chris in Toronto next week to discuss our productions for the rest of the year.  Thanks for the understanding.  I'll discuss camera tutorials plus some of the other ideas that we are working on and hopefully, we can soon share what to expect.

Kevin, thanks for your answer, but to be honest, this is almost the same you already wrote more than one year (!) ago. Please, compare both :

• lack of time
  • other projects to be ready to publish soon
You make it difficult to believe in your words, Kevin !

Br Robert
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:19:42 pm by Robert-Peter Westphal »

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 03:21:07 pm »

Robert, we are doing our best and I  said we are doing what we can to get more content completed. 
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 04:22:29 pm »

Robert, we are doing our best and I  said we are doing what we can to get more content completed.

Kevin, I'm talking about 14 month !

Don't you think that there would be a time window within this period ? And if you take a look at the initial pos, it was years ago
!

on2it

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:55 am »

I am the original poster and have been visiting LL for around 15 years I think. Over that time I have learned a lot for free and also purchased several slightly expensive video tutorials and was happy to do so as the content has been excellent.

When LL moved to a $12/year subscription I was surprised but assumed a large number of people paying a trivial amount was going to work out better than a smaller number of people paying somewhat more. At the time I recall part of the explanation was about aiming for a more consistent cashflow.

It seems the continuous subscription model is not working for creating the type of content I am interested in and was previously happy to pay for on a per-video basis. I guess also there's no longer a market mechanism of pricing per video to judge what will sell and what won't. For what it's worth I would still pay per-video as the content quality is very high.

However LL also seems to me to have moved on towards an interest in very high-end and expensive equipment costing tens of thousands and equally high-end travel excursions that are well beyond my interest.

If this is indeed the case then it would be better for LL to come out and just say it: "We're not going to do xyz tutorials, we're going to concentrate on high-end kit and our travel business"

Something like that

Cheers and thanks

Richard
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up