Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

Pixel peep of TS-E 24 II and Canon 5Ds R?

(1/7) > >>

torger:
I've made a brief search but failed to find any pixel peep testing of the TS-E 24 II used on a 5Ds or 5Ds R. Has anyone done that? I'm a bit curious how it performs. I actually own the lens myself, but I don't have the 5Ds body.

I'm not using the Canon system much, but mostly I use a 49x37mm 50MP CCD and Schneider Digitar 35 on a Linhof Techno which gives about the same field of view, so it would be interesting with a pixel peep shoot-out to see where it currently stands.

NancyP:
Not much info. I don't have either, though I continue to consider the TS-E 24 for my 6D
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56043838  strange firmware problem?
http://blog.jholko.com/2015/06/18/canon-5dsr-and-canon-24mm-lens-options-what-is-the-best-canon-24mm-lens/   He likes it on the 5Dsr

one iota:
Naturally it was one of the first things I did  ;D

I have a large and cluttered bookcase that substitutes for a brick wall.

My lens performs admirably corner to corner on the 5Ds with the exception of one of the rotation positions where it is a little soft in one corner. The contrast is not eye popping unlike the Sigma 50 art or surprisingly the modestly priced Canon 40mm STM. The comparison with my 5D mark II images is a revelation resolution wise, as should be expected: the lens rises to the occasion.

Generally I would concur with the findings of the test the link to which was posted by NancyP: I also have the Canon 16-35 F4.

Exposure Simulation works as it should in live view so I'm not sure what the DPR poster's issue turned out to be.

torger:
But are there any pixel peep images to look at out there?

I've found some corner pixel peeps of 12mm shifted TS-E 17 on an A7r-II I think it was, and naturally that looked very blurred and smeared, but 12mm shift is extreme, and it's not the lens I was mainly interested in.

one iota:

--- Quote from: torger on November 26, 2015, 07:25:53 am ---But are there any pixel peep images to look at out there?

I've found some corner pixel peeps of 12mm shifted TS-E 17 on an A7r-II I think it was, and naturally that looked very blurred and smeared, but 12mm shift is extreme, and it's not the lens I was mainly interested in.

--- End quote ---

I've not come across any taken with the 5Ds/r.

If I was in your shoes already owning that lens and if I was able I'd borrow or rent the camera for a couple of days and find a convenient brick wall: there are lots of permutations that would need to be explored. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version