Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Epson 9600  (Read 4814 times)

patrick bellett

• http://www.phototime.co.nz
Help Epson 9600
« on: April 14, 2006, 10:42:10 am »

Help! When ever I read or view any info on using the epson9600 printer with photoshop I see some very good option screens. but using a mac G5 with ox 10.4.6 I only get pretty basic options. I am using the print with preview but just don't get the good stuff when i click print. I have downloaded & reimstalled the latest driver. Can an one help. I suspect that I am getting double colour management ( the results are very poor!!! )

Cheers Patrick[attachment=430:attachment]

p.tinson

Help Epson 9600
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:41 pm »

It looks as if you havent added the printer with the epson driver in the printer setup utility, or have selected the CUPS driver printer.
In the printer setup utility if there is only one 9600 printer listed then,
Click on add.
When the add printer window comes up click on the more printers button at the bottom.
When the more printers window appears select the EPSON USB (or firewire) depending on how you have your printer connected.
When the 9600 appears in the window highlight it and at the bottom in the page setup drop down menu scroll up to the top and select all.
This will add a number of instances of the 9600 for the different page setups.

I hope this helps.
peter

patrick bellett

• http://www.phototime.co.nz
Help Epson 9600
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 08:43:24 pm »

Hi Peter

You are a god send!! Thank you! thank you! thank you!!!    

I now have great colour & excellent quality!! With all the options working etc...

Only problem now is that even though I have created a 24x6 inch test print & set the page size to match etc the printer is feeding 11.5x24 insheets but only printing an A4 area on the sheet!?

So much paper is being wasted!! Also is it normal for the printer to cut 2 inches of paper before it starts printing each sheet?

Cheers Patrick

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
Help Epson 9600
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 06:11:05 pm »

If you are using a custom paper size make sure you have set the values in cm, not inches.
Extra paper on the leading edge is normal. It seems to be better for subsequent prints made in the same printing session , providing paper is not reloaded.
HTH
Brian
www.pharoseditions.com.au

p.tinson

Help Epson 9600
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 09:49:46 pm »

Patric
       You have run into the problem of minimum page size.
With OSx you can set the custom page size outside the minimum and maximum page sizes supported by the printer, all without any warning. If the page size is set below the minimum then an aproximate A4 size normally from the centre of the image is printed, if the page size is set above the maximum then normally a coloured stripe patern is printed.

The minimum page length for the 9600 are 7.17 inches or 18.20 cm.
Not 100% sure of the maximum length but it is about 94 inches.

As to cutting off 2 inches aty the begining of the print, this will be because you are printing borderless with single or double cut selected in the roll paper options.
The three options are normal (where you will get a margin dependent on the roll paper margins set in the printer set up menu), single cut (on the first print a 2 inch section of paper is cut off with about 1.5mm of the print, at the end of the print (if another job is queued) the printer will then cut when part of the second job has printed ant the junction of the prints is under the cutter). Double cut (a 2 inch section of paper is cut off with about 1.5mm of the print, at the end of the print The paper is advanced and the print is cut leaving about 1.5mm of the print on the roll, this is then cut off in the 2 inch piece at the start of the next print).

sorry for the long winded explanation.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up