Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FT: My Broncolor Para 220 for a Broncolor Para 88/133  (Read 1877 times)

MikeLast

FT: My Broncolor Para 220 for a Broncolor Para 88/133
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:32 pm »

Long time lurker, but you don't find the kind of person looking for a Para on Craigslist, so I thought I'd register here. Happy to provide any proof for someone interested.

I have a Broncolor Para 220 FB, but find it too large for my space. Some cosmetic wear on the rear metal knuckle, but works great. No rips, tears or holes in the fabric skin. Cables work smooth. Wondering if someone with a Para 88 or 133 would be looking to up-size their Para in a trade? Located in Toronto, ON.

wnichols

• Irvine Headshot Photographer
Re: FT: My Broncolor Para 220 for a Broncolor Para 88/133
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 02:34:52 am »

Can you tell me more about your Para?  Does it have the focusing rod?  Can I put the Profoto adapter on it?

I have a like new (still have original box as well as mint cases) Para 88, with Focusing Rod.  Are you looking to do a straight trade?

Thanks -

Bill

MikeLast

Re: FT: My Broncolor Para 220 for a Broncolor Para 88/133
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:27:05 pm »

Hi Bill,

It is the style before the Para 88/133/177/222 came out, referred to as the Para 220 or 220FB. It has a focusing rod in the middle, but does not mount directly centre to the rod. There is a brass spigot that traditional studio heads are mounted to, keeping the flash head as close to the middle as possible. A ring light is commonly used, but studio heads work just fine due to the size of the modifier. I'd be open to a straight up trade.

Here is a photo from the web of the centre focusing system. Happy to get some photos of mine if interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up