Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealing with damaged paper order, advice.  (Read 975 times)

disneytoy

Dealing with damaged paper order, advice.
« on: November 24, 2015, 03:34:58 pm »

Quick Question,

I use Epson Exhibition Watercolor. A rather thick textured paper. i just got an order in yesterday for a job, and one end is banged-up/creased.

I contacted Ink and Media yesterday and today, and still have not got a response. I realize this stuff drop ships from Epson I guess.

Is it unreasonable to expect undamaged rolls? Or do I take the loss?

I've been printing 2-up 22x32 for a client, so I use the full 44" width. The crush is an inch-2" so I won't be able to print 2.

Any thoughts or experience?

Maxi

namartinnz

Re: Dealing with damaged paper order, advice.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

You certainly don't have to put up with the damage. Ink and Media took your order - they should remedy it. My supplier here in NZ for Breathing Color wouldn't hesitate to replace a damaged item.

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

Where are the end caps.
They would have prevented that damage if they were on in the box?
You could make a UPS claim as well if it was damaged by them?

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:01 pm »

Return the roll to the supplier.  Usually a call or an email with photos is all that's needed.

Any paper you buy new should arrive undamaged.

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

disneytoy

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:50:34 pm »

Okay. Day 2. They are on the East Coast, and I emailed them Monday at 2:30PM California time. I also sent them a message via their website. Then today I forwarded the info and pictures to their SALES Dept. Still no response.

Very weird, since i have been dealing with them for a couple years and have always found their CS to be very fast responding. I'll send off a couple more e-mails and see if they respond by Wednesday.

When I got my 9890 in January, UPS lost one of the rolls of paper I ordered in the package. I remember my sales rep had to initiate the UPS claim. Not the receiver.

It really sucks. I just ran out of the Exhibition WC Friday. Love the stuff. Ink and Media Wholesale usually ships super fast, 1-2 days. Was going to complete the order for my client and get it to him before T-day.

Thanks for your input.

Paper had end caps. I think this damage was before shipping. Their is a mark along the edge of the roll to the center. I dont think that could happen with the end caps on.

:-(

disneytoy

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 06:07:00 pm »

Update:

Got an e-mail today (day 3) there were sorry. Supposedly, they are shipping a replacement and I am waiting for a "call tag" for the damaged roll. Hopefully I can make my Client's deadline. I e-mailed him explaining the paper situation, but haven't heard back. If the paper does indeed get delivered Monday, I will be 2 days past the deadline by the time he receives the prints.

I don't think it was a REAL deadline. So we will see.

Thanks for all your advice.

Now hopefully the new roll is good. To be honest I think the damage came from Epson before the roll went into the box. The endcaps look fine. The corner of the box is smooshed a bit, but doesn't show any impact.

Then, I noticed, dead center of the roll a eraser side depression. And it shows into the layer below as well. Nothing on the outside of the box was penetrated?
Pages: [1]   Go Up