Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Real world color management book  (Read 3498 times)

Phuong

Real world color management book
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:12:47 am »

i've noticed that Bruce Fraser has released the second edition of his book Real world color management on Amaxon.com
well i have the first edition which i bought 3 years ago and i still find it a very good reference.

does any of you know what are new/changed in this second edition?

Hermie

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:58:31 pm »

i've noticed that Bruce Fraser has released the second edition of his book Real world color management on Amaxon.com
well i have the first edition which i bought 3 years ago and i still find it a very good reference.

does any of you know what are new/changed in this second edition?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Phuong,

Instead of buying the 2nd edition, I suggest you take a look at Abhay Sharma's 'Understanding Color Management', or Andrew Rodney's 'Color Management for Photographers'.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Fraser, but these two books are really excellent.  I have read all 3 books.

A quote from Edmund Ronald's ( [a href=\"http://photofeedback.blogspot.com]http://photofeedback.blogspot.com[/url] ) review on Amazon:
"If you are a photographer and you need a hands-on tutorial to ICC Color Management, then Andrew Rodney's howto book may be best for you. If you need a reference for daily use in prepress, then you should own a copy of Bruce Fraser's text. But if what you want is to really undersand the how and the why, then Abhay Sharma's clearly written and concise textbook is the one you want. "

Herman
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:01:55 pm by Hermie »

francois

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:14 am »

Hi Phuong,

Instead of buying the 2nd edition, I suggest you take a look at Abhay Sharma's 'Understanding Color Management', or Andrew Rodney's 'Color Management for Photographers'.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Fraser, but these two books are really excellent.  I have read all 3 books.

A quote from Edmund Ronald's ( http://photofeedback.blogspot.com ) review on Amazon:
"If you are a photographer and you need a hands-on tutorial to ICC Color Management, then Andrew Rodney's howto book may be best for you. If you need a reference for daily use in prepress, then you should own a copy of Bruce Fraser's text. But if what you want is to really undersand the how and the why, then Abhay Sharma's clearly written and concise textbook is the one you want. "

Herman
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62307\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I second Herman's comment on both Abhay Sharma and Adrew Rodney books, they are truly excellent.
Francois

Phuong

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 10:26:19 am »

I second Herman's comment on both Abhay Sharma and Adrew Rodney books, they are truly excellent.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62338\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks for the inputs francois & hermie. i'd placed the order on amazon
Pages: [1]   Go Up