Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Balance Rock, Arches National Park  (Read 799 times)

sierraman

Balance Rock, Arches National Park
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:54 am »

Arches is a great place to explore but can also get fairly crowded.The Balance Rock area is no exception because of its easy access but it's still a fun place to shoot.  :)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Balance Rock, Arches National Park
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 04:00:50 am »

Very nice composition. To my eyes, it seems like some of the texture was lost to too much noise reduction? The image looks a bit "plasticky" here and there, not sure...

francois

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 06:06:17 am »

It's a good take on a classic… The colors seem a weird, though. Was it after a period of rain?
Francois

sierraman

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 09:07:49 am »

It's a good take on a classic… The colors seem a weird, though. Was it after a period of rain?
I actually tried to take some of the color out of the image as it seem too "reddish". I also under sharpened it as I didn't want a "halo" on the edges. Looks like I still have some work to do on this image.  :)

francois

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 10:13:55 am »

I actually tried to take some of the color out of the image as it seem too "reddish". I also under sharpened it as I didn't want a "halo" on the edges. Looks like I still have some work to do on this image.  :)

Don't get me wrong… I like it but I didn't remember that the soil was so yellow/ocher except after rain. My memory might play some tricks on me, though. Excellent idea about sharpening!
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up