Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF W8400 Printer - How do I ???  (Read 1297 times)

Johnny0110

Canon IPF W8400 Printer - How do I ???
« on: November 23, 2015, 08:52:03 pm »

Hey guys,

Im a bit stumped here.....  I just bought a used Canon IPF W8400 wide format printer. I went to the Canon website to download the driver and got the right one I think.

I installed the driver and then I attempted to turn the printer on and plug in the USB cable. I got nothing....  No pop up, no driver installing, no nothing.

I went into the Windows printers, no Canon printer. I unplugged the USB cable and it made a sound as if you were unplugging a USB cable as always. I plugged it back in and still nothing. No printer installed. I changed USB cables too.

Am I doing something wrong here????

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!

John

I.T. Supplies

Re: Canon IPF W8400 Printer - How do I ???
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:24:22 am »

If you downloaded the W8400 drivers from Canon's website, have the printer turned on and plugged in either with USB or Ethernet, it should read fine.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-imageprograf-printers/imageprograf-w8400/imageprograf-w8400/!ut/p/z1/hY_RCoJAFES_pQ-Qe1EzfVwt0XALLdT2JfYht4XUZbOCvj6LIKKy-zYz58IMMCiBNfwsBe9k2_BDrzfM2dI0cqM4wGQZmjMkdJ0n1IotzBwo_gGsj_HHEYT5Axj47xuYmgZUAFO82xuyqVoolZZNt9NHKI8npVrdGbLmYqd0KzSvjFf8Zl9cG_GrVwB7L4KZN0HiTJ3IW_gYp-MPIPftHvCmgWWG9zFPYGCrqstrQqpVLEajG79V4UI!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/#drivers_downloads_tab

Want to make sure the connection between the printer and computer is tight (the cable clicked with ethernet or the USB is pushed in all the way to receive a proper connection.  Once the printer is connected into the computer, the computer should start reading a new device and the drivers will help to install it properly.

If you went through all of these and it still doesn't read, I would recommend talking to a Canon tech and see what the issue may be.  Might need to print out something directly from the printer that provides error codes so the tech can look up the issue.  800-423-2366

Hope this helps!

Johnny0110

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:52:27 pm »

I went to the website and it SEEMS the only driver I can download is the one for Windows 98 ?????

I went to the European website and they have all of the drivers for Windows all the way up to Windows 8.1 (Which is what I downloaded) Im thinking that website was wrong since this driver did nothing. 

Seriously??  Does this actually mean I will have to run this printer in Windows 98?? Wow.....

Johnny0110

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 08:26:08 am »

Well, after talking to Canon, I figured a couple things out......

First of all, it's not a W8400, it's a W8400D, which is a dye based ink printer, which can not be switched over to pigment based inks without issues in the future. There is really no need to switch but theat's what the guy at Canon said. I also learned that they have drivers for XP for it but the Canon website is being redesigned and they are not up yet. The Canon rep told me he would mail me out a driver for XP at no charge.

So it looks like I may be in business after all??

Pages: [1]   Go Up