Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape  (Read 145218 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #360 on: December 01, 2015, 11:58:03 am »

For members wanting to keep a different user account than the exisiting one for Forum, we just need to sign up as a new member with a different email address?

Great to know Paypal will be added shortly, as that is my means of online payments.

Also, it's not necessary to request users physical addresses when paying via PayPal.
Perhaps those fields should be optional if paying by PP, and forced if paying by CC?

Also noticed I can't change the amount. Perhaps we can make the minimum $12, and any additional funds as donation? Or perhaps depending on amounts set, one can be a lifetime member or various lengths of membership based on amount?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:06:26 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

drewcus

« Reply #361 on: December 01, 2015, 12:31:14 pm »

I'm in as a subscriber, but struggled a bit getting there as I couldn't register from my iPad. For some reason the username field wouldn't let me enter any characters, so I had to use my MacBook instead.

I would have much preferred to have been able to pay using Paypal (but I understand that's coming soon).

Also I thought that the username and password I chose to subscribe with would have allowed me to log in to this forum as well. But no, I have had to choose a different login for the forum as I got the message that my username was already taken.

But never mind, I'm in now and looking forward to working my way through the videos!

jeremyrh

« Reply #362 on: December 01, 2015, 12:43:34 pm »

I have, in the past, referred to Señor Schewe as resident Rottweiler and he never seemed to find that offensive in any way; in fact I believe he was perfectly happy with the soubriquet because retaliatory action (which never came) would have been very easy for him

"Rottweiler"? Hardly. The impression I get is of a grumpy ageing Labrador that barks a lot but in the end just wants its head scratched.

Internaut

« Reply #363 on: December 01, 2015, 01:10:36 pm »

Just a quick heads up in the first gremlin I've spotted.  Nothing major.  There are two transactions on my Amex, from the same source.  One for USD 12 and another for USD 1.

Edit:  Oops - the source is Stripe, who I assume are your payment handler.

adias

« Reply #364 on: December 01, 2015, 01:21:10 pm »

...  Email is the best choice. So yes, once you are a Member, login uses the email as the 'username' id. BTW, if you change your email address, the original still stays as your username. It is not editable

Check the FAQ here

Chris

People do change email addresses... the username id should either become the new address or be editable.

Yesterday the login email address was shown on top of the page. Today was replaced by first name - that is better.

MGutman

« Reply #365 on: December 01, 2015, 02:42:38 pm »

$12 a year and includes the videos?  Great deal  :)

degrub

« Reply #366 on: December 01, 2015, 03:04:33 pm »

Just a quick heads up in the first gremlin I've spotted.  Nothing major.  There are two transactions on my Amex, from the same source.  One for USD 12 and another for USD 1.

Edit:  Oops - the source is Stripe, who I assume are your payment handler.

The 1$ is usually an "authorization" test. i should go away once the final charge goes through.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:10:45 pm by degrub »

Telecaster

« Reply #367 on: December 01, 2015, 04:25:31 pm »

Some glitches I've run into with the new setup:

1) LuLa wouldn't let me log in or sign up as Telecaster using my "old" password. So I did a password reset…but it turns out the issue wasn't the password but rather Telecaster. I've run into this kind of thing before: after an update a site will no longer accept your username yet has no provision for letting you change it. You're hosed.

2) Realizing I was stuck in no-man's land I decided to create a new account using a different e-mail address. Assuming (incorrectly as it turned out) that Telecaster had been wiped I chose it as my username for the new account. I can log in to LuLa this way…but when I try to access the Forum I become persona non grata and can't post or reply to forum messages.

3) So how am I able to create this post? I can force a forum login by finding one of my old posts and clicking (tapping actually…I'm using my iPad) on my name. This requires me to use my "old" password.

4) So…there's a disconnect between the LuLa Site account and the Forum account. Likely two different databases not properly talking to each other. I'd guess my Forum account still contains my original e-mail address while the new Site account has the new one, and that this is creating a conflict. But this doesn't explain how/why Telecaster was invalidated in the first place…

To fix this the Forum-level Telecaster database fields likely need to be properly synced with the Site-level Telecaster fields. The new account e-mail address should supercede the old address.

-Dave-

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2015, 04:55:35 pm »

@ Telecaster

Try logging in with your email as your username

Telecaster

« Reply #369 on: December 01, 2015, 04:59:27 pm »

@ Telecaster
Try logging in with your email as your username

Yes, looks fine now. (I got an e-mail from your support folks.) Thanks.

-Dave-

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #370 on: December 01, 2015, 05:32:21 pm »

For members wanting to keep a different user account than the exisiting one for Forum, we just need to sign up as a new member with a different email address?

Great to know Paypal will be added shortly, as that is my means of online payments.

Also, it's not necessary to request users physical addresses when paying via PayPal.
Perhaps those fields should be optional if paying by PP, and forced if paying by CC?

Also noticed I can't change the amount. Perhaps we can make the minimum $12, and any additional funds as donation? Or perhaps depending on amounts set, one can be a lifetime member or various lengths of membership based on amount?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:38:51 pm by Phil Indeblanc »

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #371 on: December 01, 2015, 06:02:34 pm »

Phil, We are working on all your points that you mention.  When you sleet PayPal you'll go into their pay system and the information they need based on how you have your pAyPal will be requested.  The credit card processor we use asks for the address as a means of further verification if needed.  Not much different than most online transactions.  We are asking if it can be optional. We don't see the address as it is part of the payment process.  The only thing that we have in our database is Name, User name, email, and start dates. 

I want to reiterate that we do not sell or share our information with anyone.  We may do the occasional email and if we do you can always opt out if you don't want to get the emails.   Our IT team is working real hard to make it easier to sign on based on what we have learned today. 

We have seen a great response today and appreciate everyones support.

Thank You!
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

amolitor

« Reply #372 on: December 01, 2015, 07:16:16 pm »

Are you making a guarantee that personal information will never be shared, traded, or sold, or the statement that at the present time it is not being shared or sold?

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #373 on: December 01, 2015, 07:30:30 pm »

I just sent off my 12$.  Looking forward to all the videos and new articles which will be running on Luminous.

Thanks Michael, Kevin and Chris for an invaluable resource.

Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Peter McLennan

« Reply #374 on: December 01, 2015, 07:41:00 pm »

Yes, looks fine now. (I got an e-mail from your support folks.) Thanks.
-Dave-

Good deal.  Just in time. I was gonna suggest that you'd have to re-up with the username "Jazzmaster" :)

Zorki5

• AOLib
« Reply #375 on: December 01, 2015, 08:06:58 pm »

The credit card processor we use asks for the address as a means of further verification if needed.

That's kind of a given, so when I saw no PayPal option and realized I'd have to pay with CC, my first impulse was to go back and fill in street address that I left empty -- but there was no Back button! Can't say I panicked :-), but, look, you have to have Back button there.

Another piece of feedback: you have one of the nastiest CAPTCHAs out there. Not only it is unintelligible, but each time I request another image, I get back to the page top.

Other than that, well, it went quite smoothly, I'm in.

I wish you guys every success. I for one totally understand the move; just recently donated $50 (hint to Kevin et. al.: you should have charged more!) to a brilliant youtuber, despite having quite an audience, gave up all hope to earn ad money and had to run donation campaign... So yeah, everyone who wasn't living in a cave for a few recent years knows ad money dry up.

In fact, I fully expect more and more of this type of changes. And it will be really interesting to see how some sites living off pure controversy and shots from the hip will accommodate... LL is, to me, a very nice mix of knowledge and entertainment that... Heck, I can't even say it was great deal or something; I felt like I *owed* this site. I discovered LL pretty soon after it was created, and by the time of Canon 10D articles became a regular reader.

Besides, at least once I listened to Michael, even though he was in disagreement with popular opinion, and bought 70-300 DO (that was being heavily trashed for "dreamy look" and other crimes against humanity). Which I was then able to take with my on great many trips, whereas a bigger lens would stay at home... So, Michael, if you are reading this, thanks again.

There's a whole lot more to say, like give this site very clear development directions, patiently explain whose articles should not be published, give list of forum members that have to be handed life bans etc. etc., but I guess what I already wrote is enough for the very first post. ;-)

rogan

« Reply #376 on: December 01, 2015, 08:39:22 pm »

I paid my $12 but do I still have to look at all these annoying moving ads as well? If we pay shouldn't it be ad free?

adias

« Reply #377 on: December 01, 2015, 08:43:13 pm »

I paid my $12 but do I still have to look at all these annoying moving ads as well? If we pay shouldn't it be ad free?

No. Ads are fine, if related to photography.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #378 on: December 01, 2015, 11:07:22 pm »

Are you making a guarantee that personal information will never be shared, traded, or sold, or the statement that at the present time it is not being shared or sold?

Why waste time when you said you weren't up for it? :-)
Hope you changed your mind.

So up to the point you input your username, email password, it then links out to Constant Contact.
Here is their policy on privacy...
http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:09:40 am by Phil Indeblanc »

John Hollenberg

« Reply #379 on: December 01, 2015, 11:16:06 pm »

So how am I able to create this post? I can force a forum login by finding one of my old posts and clicking (tapping actually…I'm using my iPad) on my name. This requires me to use my "old" password.

Thanks, that is how I finally got in to the forum.  I am going to wait until the dust settles a bit. Seems that the new system is not well thought out (at least from my perspective).  A short article about how to make the transition would be a good idea.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26   Go Up