Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape  (Read 144976 times)

stormyboy

New Help button irritating and in the way
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2015, 08:12:07 pm »

Couldn't the green help button be better placed in the black border that stays on top anyway?  Up with the "Luminous Landscape Home" and Videos link?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: A New Change For Luminous-Landscape
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:42 pm »

We'll look into moving the help button.  It's a new feature and there to help those that are having issues on signing up for the membership.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

ripgriffith

• ripsart.com
« Reply #342 on: November 30, 2015, 08:19:22 pm »

I mis-typed my zip, so my credit card wasn't accepted, and there seems to be no way to backup to the initial sign-up page.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:06 pm »

You should still have access to the site and in 24 hours you'd have to try again. Some transaction take a little while to process.  we see you logged in to the payment page several times.   Go to your account to right corner > account details and modify your zip and re-save.  Let's give it some time to see if your payment is processed.  Also, use the green help button on bottom right to go right to the developers so they can help if this doesn't solve it.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Leszek Piotrowski

« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2015, 10:21:54 pm »

I have found LuLa to be of really good value in advancing my photographic skills and knowledge. LuLa was especially valuable to me with respect to Lightroom, printers, monitors, color management and reading the constructive criticisms and comments on submitted landscape captures.

Count me in!  Thank you Michael, Kevin and Chris.
Leszek, G

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #345 on: December 01, 2015, 01:53:08 am »

So I put the image you project in writing down to poor written communication problems rather than a personality issue.

Well I'm a paid, professional author so it's not a "poor written communication problem"...I write what I mean to say. Whether or not you gleem the meaning of what I write, I'll leave you to decide. :~)

Schewe

« Reply #346 on: December 01, 2015, 01:56:47 am »

Care to tell us the difference?

If you don't know the difference, it's doubtful you would recognize the difference if I pointed it out to you. I mean, really, how obtuse can you get? I understand you don't like me. That's ok, I don't like you. Is that verbally agressive enough for you?

Manoli

« Reply #347 on: December 01, 2015, 02:10:53 am »

Well I'm a paid, professional author so it's not a "poor written communication problem"...I write what I mean to say. Whether or not you gleem the meaning of what I write, I'll leave you to decide. :~)

Jeff - me thinks the word you're after is 'glean' ...  :)

RobSuch

« Reply #348 on: December 01, 2015, 02:34:52 am »

Is it just me, or is PayPal not available for everyone? On the announcement page it says paying by PayPal will be possible: https://luminous-landscape.com/important-news-change-at-luminous-landscape/

alainbriot

• http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
    • http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
« Reply #349 on: December 01, 2015, 03:03:22 am »

For me the transition was problem free.  I just logged on using the same username and password I use for the forum.  I also don't have to log on again each time I visit.
Alain Briot
Author of Mastering Landscape Photography
http://www.beautiful-landscape.com

Internaut

« Reply #350 on: December 01, 2015, 03:33:30 am »

Simple enough process. I was surprised the site access username is distinct from the forum username.  No Paypal option, but it took Mr. Amex.

Schewe

« Reply #351 on: December 01, 2015, 04:41:51 am »

Jeff - me thinks the word you're after is 'glean' ...  :)

Yep...typo on my part. My bad...

JaapD

« Reply #352 on: December 01, 2015, 04:42:15 am »

"you don't like me. That's ok, I don't like you".

Very childish behaviour. Are you done Jeff? Can you please grow up first and then contribute to this site?

Schewe

« Reply #353 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:56 am »

Very childish behaviour. Are you done Jeff? Can you please grow up first and then contribute to this site?

Nope, sorry, ain't gonna happen. And I do contribute to the site whether you like it or not.

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #354 on: December 01, 2015, 06:35:54 am »

PayPal  option will be available today.  There was link issue that needs to worked out with them.  Typical PayPal.  Check back later if you want to use that option.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

jeremyrh

« Reply #355 on: December 01, 2015, 06:57:46 am »

If you don't know the difference, it's doubtful you would recognize the difference if I pointed it out to you. I mean, really, how obtuse can you get? I understand you don't like me. That's ok, I don't like you. Is that verbally agressive enough for you?
Yes, that qualifies as abuse.

But I didn't say I don't like you - I don't know enough, or care enough, to form an opinion on that issue. What I did say is that it's my impression that you communicate badly in writing - that's not the same thing.

jeremyrh

« Reply #356 on: December 01, 2015, 07:00:02 am »

Yep...typo on my part. My bad...
"Typo" ... right .....

Rob C

« Reply #357 on: December 01, 2015, 09:17:34 am »

Yes, that qualifies as abuse.

But I didn't say I don't like you - I don't know enough, or care enough, to form an opinion on that issue. What I did say is that it's my impression that you communicate badly in writing - that's not the same thing.

No, that doesn't qualify as abuse: abuse is something far more aggressive and riddled with all manner of innuendo and threat.

I have, in the past, referred to SeƱor Schewe as resident Rottweiler and he never seemed to find that offensive in any way; in fact I believe he was perfectly happy with the soubriquet because retaliatory action (which never came) would have been very easy for him.

The thing is, the man has a great history of real photographic achievement behind him, which is a helluva lot more than many here can boast. Little wonder, then, that his patience can sometimes run short.

Come to think of it, I admire his attitude towards the use of unpaid content, a principle hard to maintain when one has already had a close-term relationship with the website ownership, even if of the past. It's not easy refusing friends. I guess, though, that real friends wouldn't ask.

Rob C

dreed

« Reply #358 on: December 01, 2015, 10:19:47 am »

A change I don't recall seeing mentioned was that logins to the forum now require an email address instead of forum login name.

Is the payment system incompatible with just allowing forum names for login?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #359 on: December 01, 2015, 11:09:39 am »

A change I don't recall seeing mentioned was that logins to the forum now require an email address instead of forum login name.
Is the payment system incompatible with just allowing forum names for login?

We had to use one key fixed item around which membership and forum data records could be based. Email is the best choice. So yes, once you are a Member, login uses the email as the 'username' id. BTW, if you change your email address, the original still stays as your username. It is not editable

Check the FAQ here

Chris
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up