Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: H5x or XF w/ IQ180...  (Read 5624 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: H5x or XF w/ IQ180...
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 06:35:48 am »

...I thought of adding a Leica S-007 (so that I can have high Iso too as I need that some times...), but although this is not an idea that has left my mind, I thought it's best for the moment to add a P-65+ back on the Contax...

You cannot possibly be serious... you have been selling us the unique values and transcendant superiority of the double O seven for months... and you won't even buy one??? ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Theodoros

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 08:29:41 am »

You cannot possibly be serious... you have been selling us the unique values and transcendant superiority of the double O seven for months... and you won't even buy one??? ;)

Cheers,
Bernard
First, I never said I won't integrate one (or two) S bodies in my system, all I say is that my priority at the moment is to add a 3:4 Full frame MF back with low light capability in my system... Second thing I've ever said is that the S007 seems ideal for one to replace his DSLRs altogether and advance them up to MF quality at the same time... (that's why it's always in my mind). Third thing I've ever said is that if one has a ton of C645 lenses or Hasselblad H lenses and given the amazing quality of the S sensor, it seems very reasonable for one to integrate an S to his system and don't bother with DSLRs at all, yet shrinking his system considerably by using one only line of lenses (the C645 in my case)...

Now, as of priorities of a pro and given that my most providing income is coming from art reproduction, it is absolutely essential for me to have two multishot MFDBs while the JAS adapter allows me to use my Nikons with the same line of C645 lenses, now because one of my backs (the CF-39MS) is both multishot and self contained, but because I will have it replaced with a Sinar eXact as to have even more resolution as well as use the same software with my other back, I need to add a self contained back too as to replace the CF-39MS's integration and to add wider view and better low light capabilities on my C645 system too... it's a matter of priorities... see? I am just the kind of pro that believes in long term (if possible for ever) solutions and plans carefully his moves.

EDIT: You should see what will be next as to replace my Fuji GX-680 system with another with (more and far more accurate geared controlled) movements, that will also be fully integrated with the same backs and the same C645 lenses...

My (highly modified) Rollei X-act 2 will have full communication interface between C645 backs (on the rear standard) and with C645 lenses (on the front standard), will do multishot, focus all C645 lenses to infinity, will rotate the rear standard by 90degs, will have a focal plane shutter with speeds up to 1/4000, LV but exremely bright optical finder with microprism too (shimmed to absolute zero for both sensor & film), will take a FF mirrorless on the same rear standard, there will be no "one shot" cable needed for P1 backs and will even allow shooting with a C645 film back and additionally will have a 42x31.5mm framing area extremely accurately marked for the backs, so that all C645 lenses will be able to be used with full movements !

EDIT-2: Forgot to mention that it will have full EXIF data recorded too...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 09:51:47 am by Theodoros »

JV

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 08:31:21 am »

For what it is worth...

Hasselblad has a special Black Friday offer on the H5d-50c.  It sells for $18,995 from Friday to Monday.

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 09:33:53 am »

I have to confess that you made me laugh with that sentence! ;)

Cheers,
Bernard

Me too!

:P

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

jeff_singer

• Jeff Singer Photography
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 10:35:21 am »

For what it is worth...

Hasselblad has a special Black Friday offer on the H5d-50c.  It sells for $18,995 from Friday to Monday.

I just got an email about this (which is weird since I haven't received an email from Hasselblad in years... are they watching?).  I'm not interested in the 50c since I already have a back and I don't want to switch backs.  I love the IQ180 and I prefer CCD over CMOS.

They do have a 20% discount on all their lenses though and that is interesting.  I'm honestly leaning towards the XF but 20% off is quite a bit of saved money... too bad the H5x also wasn't discounted because that could push me to the Hasselblad.

I'm guessing the Phase system and lenses are too new to expect sales or discounts anytime soon.
jeff singer | photography
[url=http://je

JV

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 11:49:04 am »

too bad the H5x also wasn't discounted because that could push me to the Hasselblad.

Perhaps try to find out who your Hasselblad sales rep is and shoot/him her an email... you never know...

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 12:33:13 pm »

Perhaps try to find out who your Hasselblad sales rep is and shoot/him her an email... you never know...

Here are some used bodies in the UK. Moving from an H1 or H2 to an H4x is a no-brainer.
An H-mount Phase back is effectively immortal.

http://procentre.co.uk/sales-secondhand-hasselblad-h-system.php

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up