Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to read lens actuations??  (Read 2803 times)

maxs

How to read lens actuations??
« on: November 22, 2015, 04:48:04 pm »

How can I tell how many actuations a leaf shutter lens has?

Thx

aztwang

Re: How to read lens actuations??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:56:47 pm »

How can I tell how many actuations a leaf shutter lens has?

Thx

I sent in 3 Schneider lens's to Phase One for cleaning and asked them to let me know the actuations of each lens and I was told it is their policy not to release that info, not sure why, and to my knowledge the only people that can unlock that info is the manufacturer, at least that is true for Schneider glass.

Don

maxs

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:38:21 pm »

So does that mean people who are selling lenses on forums and provide actuation info had to send the lenses to Schneider? So if a lens had 10k or less why would it have been back to the manufacturer if the seller states lens works perfectly!

Christoph B.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 05:58:31 pm »

So does that mean people who are selling lenses on forums and provide actuation info had to send the lenses to Schneider? So if a lens had 10k or less why would it have been back to the manufacturer if the seller states lens works perfectly!

Well either they only used this lens or mainly used this LS lens for their shoots - or they don't delete superfluous photos and can simply count them in lightroom, phocus, capture one,...

Or they're just giving an estimate.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:08:57 pm »

This is now shown on an XF body. The DF+ could not read it.

Don't know why you were told it's not policy during service checks. We (as a dealer) have always been able to get this information for our clients. In the days of the DF+ we had to send to the repair station for it to be read. Now we can simply read it using an XF.

aztwang

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 04:23:38 am »

This is now shown on an XF body. The DF+ could not read it.

Don't know why you were told it's not policy during service checks. We (as a dealer) have always been able to get this information for our clients. In the days of the DF+ we had to send to the repair station for it to be read. Now we can simply read it using an XF.
The statement " We do not give  Leaf shutter actuations to dealer/customer" came right out of Margaret's ( Phase One, New York) mouth on a phone conversation with me about 2 months ago when my lens's were in for service. The same was told to Chris w/ CI. Kind of odd but being the XF displays that info, issue solved...LOL

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 09:32:17 am »

The statement " We do not give  Leaf shutter actuations to dealer/customer" came right out of Margaret's ( Phase One, New York) mouth on a phone conversation with me about 2 months ago when my lens's were in for service. The same was told to Chris w/ CI. Kind of odd but being the XF displays that info, issue solved...LOL

This is what I get for reading a thread at 10pm on a Sunday. Somehow managed to miss (though it was stated several times) that you were talking about LENS actuations and not BODY actuations.

Leaf Shutter lenses with firmware 2.0 and higher can have their leaf shutter shot counts read by an XF body. We'd be glad to do this as a free service to any of our clients who have a DF+ body (which cannot read lens shot counts) and a lens they are curious about.

As suggested by my right-answer-wrong-question post earlier, the DF+ could not show the body shot count through the user interface (but could be read out during a service check). But the XF does show the body shot count (actually it separately displays mirror actuations and focal plane shutter actuations, since they are independent on the XF).
Pages: [1]   Go Up