Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica SL available - looks oversized  (Read 4846 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Leica SL available - looks oversized
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 09:20:06 am »

I would not call it oversized. Oversized compared to what? I handled one today at my local shop just for fun, it is a big camera, but then it is supposed to compete with other pro cameras out there.

To me it looks like a Leica T on steroids, same sort of approach, and with the EVF included. It is also very angular, for lack of better word. The grip sort of abuts the thin body of the camera at a sharp 90 degree angle. I much prefer the more ergonomic type of grips from other cameras.

The 24-90 zoom lens is indeed huge, and for no apparent reason.

The camera was 7100 EUR, and the lens 4200 EUR, so I think they will sell slowly:)

MoreOrLess

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 03:33:13 pm »

The lack of a moulded grip does seem a bit of a strange choice I'd agree although besides that it looks one of the best mirrorless options I'v seen with enough height to it to get all your fingers on and enough size and space for your palm on the back that you should be able to get a good strong grip with even pressure all around rather than clawing with your fingers.

hasselbladfan

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 03:48:51 am »

Quote from: Paulo Bizarro link=topic=105636.msg871278#msg871278 date=1448461206
The 24-90 zoom lens is indeed huge, and for no apparent reason.
[/quote

My comments were not so much about the body. The lenses are the problem. Why make them so large? Even the upcoming 50mm/1.4 is like a cannon. They are probably double the size of comparable R lenses.

Let's wait to see some results. It should be fabulous to justify the investment / weight disadvantage.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up