Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen Alpa Gear  (Read 3115 times)

Graham Welland

Stolen Alpa Gear
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:20:50 am »

I thought I might socialize some details of my recently stolen Alpa gear that occured in the SF Bay Area on Nov 15th. Smash and grab as I saw them in Emeryville CA.

The following are the items and serial numbers that matter. Should you see them on eBay or locally being sold in a pawn store or otherwise perhaps you could let me and the Emeryville PD know:

Alpa 12 STC Body & Wooden Grip   
Alpa 12 TC   

Alpa Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4/32 mm *SB17 lens   
Alpa Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 5.6/90 mm *SB34 lens   
Alpa Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/150 N *SB34 lens   

Luckily I have insurance but it'll never quite cover the loss of the other ancillary items that also disappeared in the stolen Alpa bag. They also stole another bag with Actus Mini and A7RII but ultimately it's only the Alpa lenses that piss me off. Luckily the perps didn't get to all items in the trunk of my car and so ended up with just dirty laundry and the couple of F-Stop bags with camera gear - my other bags with Cambo Actus DB+ and IQ150 DB were overlooked. Ditto my Sony RX1R bag.

Fortunately it's insured but the inconvenience and likely partial payout are irritating as you can imagine.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:45:29 am by Graham Welland »
Graham

ced

Re: Stolen Alpa Gear
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 05:31:44 am »

Oh my sympathy with your loss,  That is a form of terrorism in another guise.
I hope your gear finds it's way home again.

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:51:34 am »

I can totally understand. Back in march I had my car stolen right from the front of my home (professionals, no sign of broken glass, had GPS and everything as well). Everything was insured, but it really pissed me off because I had to replace everything. I've ended up with more useful (though older) gear and car, but the time lost and the stress can never be paid for by any insurance.

I hope you can at least recover the lenses, unfortunately for me the car hasn't been found and it was probably sold off as spare parts. As for the rest of the stuff, who knows where it went. I've checked local, known flea markets and pawn shops but I've never seen any of my stuff crop up so I guess it was either thrown away or kept by the thieves.
Instagram (updated often)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:39:12 am »

Graham.

Sure sorry to here about this. Insurance helps soften the blow. But it still is sad to see this happen. Glad to see they did not get everything.

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Ken R

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 07:53:28 am »

I thought I might socialize some details of my recently stolen Alpa gear that occured in the SF Bay Area on Nov 15th. Smash and grab as I saw them in Emeryville CA.

The following are the items and serial numbers that matter. Should you see them on eBay or locally being sold in a pawn store or otherwise perhaps you could let me and the Emeryville PD know:

Alpa 12 STC Body & Wooden Grip   
Alpa 12 TC   

Alpa Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 4/32 mm *SB17 lens   
Alpa Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 5.6/90 mm *SB34 lens   
Alpa Schneider Apo-Digitar 5.6/150 N *SB34 lens   

Luckily I have insurance but it'll never quite cover the loss of the other ancillary items that also disappeared in the stolen Alpa bag. They also stole another bag with Actus Mini and A7RII but ultimately it's only the Alpa lenses that piss me off. Luckily the perps didn't get to all items in the trunk of my car and so ended up with just dirty laundry and the couple of F-Stop bags with camera gear - my other bags with Cambo Actus DB+ and IQ150 DB were overlooked. Ditto my Sony RX1R bag.

Fortunately it's insured but the inconvenience and likely partial payout are irritating as you can imagine.

Wow. Sorry for your loss. That has to be one of the most high quality loots low-life scum smash and grabbers have gotten from a single person. Wonder where it will end up. It is such highly specialized gear that I am sure will surface in the near future. Glad they did not get the DB and other items. No question it is grand theft in the state of Ca and in other states it exceeds the threshold warranting more severe punishment.

vjbelle

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:59:42 am »

What a PITA!  I have thought about my equipment being stolen - also insured.  My lenses are all tweaked for me by Schneider and would be hard to replace.  Soon the new Schneider lenses will all disappear with only the used market or Rody left.  Insurance is a real necessity.  Sure is a shame.....

Victor
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:55:22 pm by vjbelle »

aviv1887

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 11:43:25 am »

That is a crying shame!! I assume you notified Alpa about this. I hope it doesn't disappear out of the country to Asia or somewhere else. Such exquisite equipment. Great to hear you've one set up left so you still can continue to shoot through this beautiful season.

Graham Welland

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 12:24:16 am »

Annoying but ultimately just car crime that any of us might suffer at some point. Pay for insurance and hopefully a little of the annoyance is avoided. Just a little though ...

I already ordered a replacement 32HR but this time naked and a lot less expensive for my Actus DB. I loved and will miss my Alpas but photographically speaking the Cambo Actus is better bang for the buck in every way so long as you have a good live view MFDB. No disrespect to the Alpa - absolutely fabulous system and more compact than any bellows based system like the Actus DB+.
Graham

uheck

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 09:35:27 am »

Graham,

I feel Your pain.
Same thing happened to me in the SF area.Lucky and stubborn as I am I had some rare cameras inside, so I was persistent in checking Ebay.com.

Where it finally popped up was SAMY´S.
Shoot me an email and I can tell you more.

best

Shrev94412

• Phase One, Fuji GFX100, Nikon and Leica Q2 Shooter
    • Shreve Fine Art
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 11:36:41 pm »

Sorry to hear about that Graham......
Check out my work at www.shrevefineart.com

Graham Welland

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 12:12:08 am »

Thanks Robert - alas just dumb car crime ...

Waiting for my new 32HR & 70HR to arrive from Rodenstock at the moment.
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up