Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will Media Pro ever evolve?  (Read 4098 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Will Media Pro ever evolve?
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:51:00 pm »

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Capture One/PhaseOne for Media Pro.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Will Media Pro ever evolve?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 09:56:09 am »

i guess not....
coming from a time it was still called Iview media the improvements i have seen are little.
Microsoft added some speed making use of all CPU cores while loading new images.

Phase One added some new looks...
There are some speed improvements but they are related tot Apples thumbnail helper.
OSX10.10 is faster than OSX10.9 is faster than OSX10.6...   (El capitan i do not know)

- still i like the local catalogs it produces ( i do not need one big catalogue i have other programs for finding my files)

bugs:  rebuild a Raw image  (command -B) give incorrect colors ( oversaturated Nikon D810)

wishlist: photoshop PSB support.  at least tell me that there are PSB's
the thumbnailhelper is Apples so Apple will have to address the issue - unlikely to happen)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 11:40:14 am »

i guess not... :'(
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:21:47 pm »

I think there was soething I heard a couple monyhs ago...
Well, Adobe did revamp Bridge with some smart features. One can only hope that either one becomes accurate and fast enough to "replace" Explorer.

Bridge at first was horrible, with no support for external drives and storage. Then it made some improvements which was nice, and I did find myself using it a bit, but then Windows 7,and now 10 have done some improvements, and since Explorer is completely inclusive of anything on a harddrive, it makes it a natural default...But it has a weird lag in loading.  If I could improve the Explorer loading of thumbs, or preview, AND remeber the cool View shortcuts I keep needing, it would fit my needs.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

syncrasy

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:19:00 pm »

In case you missed it, in late January 2016 Phase One released a beta version of Media Pro 1.6 for public testing and comments.

See:
http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=107670.0
-- Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up