Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to pack Lee Filters  (Read 2227 times)

alanterra

How to pack Lee Filters
« on: April 07, 2006, 04:46:41 pm »

I am finally (duh!) adding some graduated filters to my large format kit. I got a few Lee 4x6" graduated gray filters and all the stuff to make it work.

One simple question: The filters come in what looks like codura nylon bags (perhaps better called "padded nylon envelopes"), wrapped in paper. Is is safe to carry the filters in these envelopes, or do you need to buy the velvet bags to put the filters in the supplied bags? Has anyone scratched their filters using the supplied bags?

Thx

A

Terry G

How to pack Lee Filters
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 11:52:39 am »

Lee are a well established, reputable company - I don`t think they`d supply their excellent filters in a package that would cause damage to them.

I used the pouches you mention for quite a while without any problem before getting a zip-up type wallet with multiple pockets - a bit like one of those CD wallets  (also made by lee if I remember correctly).

Truth is, if your filters get dirty, continually sliding them in and out of ANY type of pouch/wallet (no matter what it`s made of) is potentially going to scratch them.

Believe me, they`re going to need replacing sooner or later no matter what you do (depending on the amount of use they get and under what condition you use them, obviously). Consider it as another of those photographic `expenses`.

Regards T
Pages: [1]   Go Up