Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the girl from Rosso  (Read 4905 times)

Andres Bonilla

the girl from Rosso
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:37:14 pm »

Hello again, here I continue with my quest to understand some principles that although basic they could ruin a good photo. Her name is Rosarito and we found her in a small town in Colombia, population 300. She and her friends were our unofficial tour guides. My questions about this photograph are: It was an original horizontal shot and I cropped vertically, someone told me to crop it even more at the top but I am not convinced to chop her hair even more ( I cut a little from her left) 2- I got a new Nec monitor that is very bright and I noticed that when warming the photo a little it looks fine in my monitor but the effect on the web is a little off, at work it had a slight green tint; how does it look on your end? Does the warm look work? Would this picture work as a B/W or toned?

Tnanks,

Andres

kbolin

• http://www.bolinphoto.com
the girl from Rosso
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:56:51 pm »

I would do the following:

1) Crop down from the top just a little but really not necessary.  "The name of the game is to fill the frame!".
2) I like the B&W idea but I would only do that to the background.  Leave the girl in color as I really like the red buttons and flowers on her clothing.  I find the green background with the door a bit distracting and going B&W would focus the image on the girl.

Good luck!

Kelly

Dale_Cotton

• http://daystarvisions.com
the girl from Rosso
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 02:57:02 pm »

I'm with Kelly: chop off the top to just above her hair; give the turquoise areas in the background a paint job to something neutral that rhymes with the grey browns in the steps.

As for the cast, I find the skin tones believable as is; but changing the green channel from 1.00 to at most 0.95 in Levels seems to clear up an incipient case of jaundice.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 03:03:57 pm by Dale Cotton »
Pages: [1]   Go Up