Equipment & Techniques > Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear

The most revolutionary camera designs in photo history... suggest your top 3!

(1/17) > >>

Theodoros:
Lets have some fun shall we? It would be nice to hear your experience with cameras that suggested for the game to change and why...

Here is my top 3:

1. The Voightlander Prominent rangefinder... (bellows focusing & leaf shutter with flash sync at all speeds in a Leica M?)
2. The Fuji GX-680... (MF format with full view camera abilities, Reflex, huge image area with 120 film, MFDB ready with whatever other camera mount).
3. The Sinar M.... (the definition of modularity - my opinion is that this system didn't change the game only because MFDBs where lacking high LV quality at the days.)

Lets hear and discuss your top 3 most favor implementations.... and the reasoning behind the favor.

BernardLanguillier:
The Nikon D1 comes to mind since it has pretty much defined what a DSLR is with hardly any evolution since then.

Cheers,
Bernard

Theodoros:

--- Quote from: BernardLanguillier on November 18, 2015, 07:56:25 am ---...Nikon D1 ....pretty much defined ....hardly any evolution since....

Cheers,
Bernard

--- End quote ---

That's all true... but among the top three?

Ellis Vener:
1) The view camera with with movements for rise, fall, shift, and tilt
2) The rangefinder
3) the SLR.

Designs are ideas, not specific products.

Theodoros:
I guess you forgot the pin hole camera, or the camera obscura...  :o Still the O/P is specifically asking for certain "revolutionary cameras" (that suggested more than the common designs)  ;)  Please keep on subject, ....the aim (behind my O/P) is to question the reasons why brilliant ideas didn't (or did) advance and to help/educate new comers to photography on past knowledge...  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version