Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Actar 24 mm  (Read 10841 times)

Chris D

Re: Cambo Actar 24 mm
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 10:34:35 am »

On an actus or universalis any lens can have movements, and from what I've been reading, the 16-35 is a good option...  I'm going to test it out to see what quality the image circle is, though.  I don't think it's going to be as good as the 17 or 24mm ts, but might be close(and I wonder how it would compare to the actar).

I think it has to do with if you really need the shifts/tilts or not- and/or how fast you want to work.
The zoom lenses maybe sharper in their sharpness zone when you use f8, but they cannot shift/tilt.
Zoom lenses have the advantage of getting the right crop; that may be more important for image quality.
Still i am sure that with a Canon TS 24mm lens using tilt and shift combined in the right way you have some advantage.. again depending on what you need.
In the case of landscape photographers at least tilt may give you more depth of field. But then 24mm @f8 (not to mention 17mm@F8) already has a lot of that.
And with TS lenses there is more room for making mistakes.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 02:11:27 pm »

Hi,

Hans is using the 16-35/4 on Canon. There are some reports by Tony Northup and Ken Rockwell that it does not work well in the corners at 16 mm on the A7rII. Just in case you are considering that sensor.

I am much interested in trying out, but we don't have Lensrentals here in Sweden.

Best regards
Erik

I don't post often, but this really blows my mind!  I've been looking for lenses for to use with an a7r and an actus, and this isn't the first time the 16-35 f4 has been recommended as a replacement for the tse's. 

I hope the actar is a decent lens, but sounds like it's not going to be up to either the 24TS or 16-35...  Hope I'm wrong!
Erik Kaffehr

wallpaperviking

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 12:10:37 am »

The Canon 24 TS-E II seems not to work well with the Sony A7RII. Works amazingly well with most digital backs though and the A7R 1. Don't know what is the issue with the A7RII but there is definitely one. People are looking into it.

I would also like to know if you could please elaborate on this?  I thought the exact opposite was true..

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 11:47:50 pm »

+1

I would also like to know if you could please elaborate on this?  I thought the exact opposite was true..

Chris D

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »

I don't own an a7rII, but have rented one on a couple occasions - I'm going to try it with an original a7r first...  Maybe the thin filter mod is important for wide angle lenses, and improves performance in the corners with either camera? 

Under 24mm is really get out of trouble range for me, so not used very often(so good, but not great performance is acceptable).  24-35 is really what I'd use 95% of the time. 

Hi,

Hans is using the 16-35/4 on Canon. There are some reports by Tony Northup and Ken Rockwell that it does not work well in the corners at 16 mm on the A7rII. Just in case you are considering that sensor.

I am much interested in trying out, but we don't have Lensrentals here in Sweden.

Best regards
Erik
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up