Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr 2015.3 update  (Read 27363 times)

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Re: Lr 2015.3 update
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2015, 06:40:03 am »

I have a perpetual license for LR6

Never updated to 6.2, so went straight from 6.1 to 6.3

Two problems:
- First my "Adobe Application Manager/Updater" disappeared at my first update attempt, had to download/reinstall that manually. It never completed the update to 6.3 the first time (remained on 6.1) and pressing "update" again in the help drop-down created a little disk activity but no update window popped up.
- All my camera default import settings were gone after the update (I have default settings for all my cameras with custom colour profiles and slightly adjusted develop settings). They were all back to the Adobe standard import settings.

Anybody else had any of these problems, or were these one-offs on my system?  (I'm on Windows 8.1)
pieter, aka pegelli

adias

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2015, 08:00:12 pm »

Two problems:
- First my "Adobe Application Manager/Updater" disappeared at my first update attempt, had to download/reinstall that manually. It never completed the update to 6.3 the first time (remained on 6.1) and pressing "update" again in the help drop-down created a little disk activity but no update window popped up.
- All my camera default import settings were gone after the update (I have default settings for all my cameras with custom colour profiles and slightly adjusted develop settings). They were all back to the Adobe standard import settings.

Anybody else had any of these problems, or were these one-offs on my system?  (I'm on Windows 8.1)

The same exact situation happened to me and I am running OS X 10.11.1.

hanzo

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2015, 11:35:17 pm »

Two problems:

I also update from 6.1, using the patch given in previous page. No problem for me, but I'm on Win 7

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2015, 11:25:12 am »

Two problems:

I updated from 5.2.7 to 6.2 (to get Batis lenses profiles), and last weekend to 6.3. No problem, with W7.

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2015, 09:48:53 pm »

Finally getting round to updating 6.3

Now what is the best way? Via the LR updates or using the download linked from the adobe blog about 6.3 ???  The likes of LR Queen and Laura Shoe plus some blog posters appear to advise using the downloaded installer.
A collection of mine here http://500px.c

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2015, 06:20:52 pm »

Finally getting round to updating 6.3

Now what is the best way? Via the LR updates or using the download linked from the adobe blog about 6.3 ???  The likes of LR Queen and Laura Shoe plus some blog posters appear to advise using the downloaded installer.

Anyone who has had problems with one method will probably advise the other. FWIW, I updated from 6.1CC using the CC updater and it worked perfectly first time on both my Macs, under El Capitan.

Jeremy

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2015, 10:40:35 pm »

I have stand-alone LR 6.1 and the last pre-CC PS.
I was (fortunately) away when LR 6.2 came out, and the brown stuff had hit the fan in earnest by the time I got home, so I skipped that downgrade.

A few days a go I took my chances on updating from inside LR 6, in the Help menu, "Check for updates." It worked perfectly fine for me (Windows 7 64)., with no unseemly effects so far.

So it may be safe to go in the water again.

-Eric
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2015, 08:17:39 am »

It's only a matter of speed. The direct links are available immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up